6.3.07

"These Are the stakes"

I finally found it! The Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential campaign ad! The one where the little girl gets blown up! Oh wow, I've honestly never seen it before. Powerful stuff. Apparently it was so disturbing they only ran it on TV once. Good thing, too. I dunno if I would wanna watch that thing during every half hour of TV during an election cycle. I watched the network news while staying with my Dad during the 2006 midterms, and that was just terrible. I think by 2008 I'll just swear off TV entirely.

Did I talk about that, actually? My plan for the future? I don't think I'll get cable or satellite or whatever when it comes time for me to get my own place. Internet, yes, and a decent cell phone service, but no TV. I'll probably rather get "season passes" to things like you can do now on iTunes or the Xbox 360, and watch only the shows I'm interested in, and only when I want. Similar to my Zune Pass setup. I wonder if I'll be able to get some sort of "TV Pass" system, and if that would ever be cheaper than buying series individually. Let's see... shows I'd be interested in: Heroes, Lost, House, South Park (maybe), The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, Studio 60 if it's still on the air... I think that's really it, I guess.

Hrmm.... this comic seems like a good way to end the post.

No comments: