8.5.08

Zune!!!

So yeah, if you look to your left you'll see I've added a Zune card to my profile. Now you can see all the terrible music I listen to.

I've been trying to pitch Zune to anyone I can. To anyone with an iPod already, there's not much compelling reason to make the switch, especially if you've got a bunch of music off iTunes. But if you're just getting started, the Zune Pass is awesome. $15 a month to basically "rent" their music, which means there's really no buyer remorse, if you don't want something, there's no reason to not swap it out. It also has most of the same features as iTunes. Their TV series offerings are just getting off the ground, and there's still no movies, but I'm not too thrilled with the idea of paying full price for a movie I can only watch on a computer or personal media device. The Zune stuff does link rather easily into my X-Box 360, though, so I'd rather buy TV and movies from there.

I'm actually considering buying Battlestar Galactica, one of the shows they have for offer on their marketplace. I'd never seen the show before, but everyone seems to believe its the best Sci-Fi in recent years, so I may have to at least see what it is. Season one is available for 26 bucks, after you make the conversion from MS points, which seems like an OK deal. A quick look online shows that Target.com is offering it for $40, which is marked down from $60 originally. Not a bad deal.

Trick number two is that I'm broke right now. I wish my tax rebate check would show up soon. I need that $500 bucks. ...I need a job. Sigh.

2 comments:

Xaphon said...

Or you could just get the stuff for free. If only my Zune worked.

demonoid.com
thepiratebay.org
isohunt.com

etc.

Figment said...

I'm still on my wacky kick that says artists, like other human beings, only produce quality goods as long as it is profitable. By using money to pay for the goods, services, and arts I find useful, I influence the market by telling manufacturers what I value.