18.1.09

Hiatus

It's been a while since I posted to this. Haven't had TOO much to say (though I did write a short story / cold-open-to-a-novel-or-something I should post here soon). Just thought I'd drop in and let any faithful readers know that I'm gonna be offline for I'm gonna be using Lent as an opportunity to wean myself off my Internet addiction, if I truly have one. My reason for writing this so early (Lent doesn't start until February 25th this year, over a month away), aside from giving everyone early notice, is that I'm trying to stock up on ways to keep entertained.

I'm going to use my break to catch up on some reading, and possibly enjoy Netflix (I'd better make sure my queue is good for a while). Also, I plan on exercising, concentrating on schoolwork (I'm taking four classes this semester! AGH!) and maybe learning to cook, via My Personal Trainer: Cooking for DS. Speaking of, I plan on working through some of my (non-online) video game backlog. Item's on the chopping board are Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Kingdom Hearts: re: Chain of Memories for PS2, Pokemon Ranger and The World Ends With You on DS, Grand Theft Auto 4, Half Life 2 its episodes 1+2 for X-Box 360, and Resident Evil 4 for Wii. I doubt I'll have time to get through all of them, but I should be able to make at least a sizable dent.

I've also got, as I hinted at, a stack of books sitting here, and movies too... I'm fairly certain that I've got plenty to entertain me. That said, if anyone has any suggestions on stuff I should read, watch, or play, I'm open to suggestions. So drop me a line. Also, if anyone wants to keep in touch with me, I will be keeping my cell phone with me at pretty much all times, so seriously. Drop. Me. A. Line.

I'll probably update my Twitter and Facebook from my phone, as I see fit, so you won't miss me, I'm sure. But I expect to see lots of mail when I get back.

No comments: