15.3.09

I Can't Think Of A Good Enough Pun Dealing With The Play "Rent"

...cuz you see, it's Lent. I'm on my third Sunday off, and I'm starting to crack. The persistent wi-fi around me from my neighbor makes ignoring the Internet far more based on will-power than I was anticipating, with my "Just unplug the modem and you're back in 1992" plan of action. My life does revolve around the Internet. That's the scary thing I've come to realize. I get lost in mindless, mind-numbing tasks when I get online. Reading blog-feeds, commenting on Facebook notes, watching funny videos... And I've been cheating on it, I'm ashamed to say. Not just going to public WiFi points (which are technically not out of my way, and neccessary to finish my homework besides), but in my own bed. Curse you, netbook! Curse you and your convenience.



I've got about 10 minutes of legitimate online time left, so I might as get to it. The real reason I decided to start this post was to talk about an idea of mine. It's a combination of the black box from this video I just saw (above) and my eternal quest for a personal audio soundboard. Essentially it would be a device constantly recording what goes on around me, not only for posterity, but also for personal amusement. It would support immediate playback, much like a TiVo's "back 8 seconds" feature, to play back recent events, as well as the ability to record a number of other sound effects, which I could use to punctuate daily life.

I can't tell you how many times I felt like quoting something, but knew that the quote itself would not be enough. I wanted there to be a way to spit out the actual sound I was thinking of. And I guess this is it. Okay, 3 minutes to shut down time, so I guess I'll talk to you all next week. I'm not gonna be on ACC campus because its spring break. I know, you'll all miss me. ^_^!

No comments: