10.8.06

Headlines - Indecision 2006

Saw this on Google news. "The Republicans will exploit Joe Lieberman's defeat by painting the Democrats as anti-military and weak on national security, say Washington observers." Just so you know, Lieberman was defeated in the senatorial primaries for the state of Connecticut (I think), by Ned Lamont. I saw Mr. Lamont on the Colbert Report, and for my money, Lieberman's defeat can be at least partially linked to the Senator's unwillingness to appear on the show following his opponent.

But the part about this that gets me is how they are using Lieberman's defeat to Lamont as a sign that the Democratic party is anti-military. See, the thing is, Lamont is an Iraqi veteran. I fail to see how voting a military man into office makes you against the military. *Shrugs.* I guess this is why I'm not in politics. Or the military. (This and hundreds of other reasons.

No comments: