5.7.08

Back-Up Brain

I saw this article about 5TB 3.5in HDDs, and it contained a bizarre quote.
...two of the drives will boast enough capacity to store everything in your brain.
My question is... do they test that? I mean, yes, I'm sure there's some obscure way of quantifying human thought or whatever they're saying it could store. But the real implication, the way I read it anyway, is that "two of the drives will [...] store everything in your brain." Which I think is pretty cool.

The idea that I could go to the doctors office with a couple of hard drives, and they could copy everything in my brain, as a back up in case I had some accident in brain surgery, or I suffered some form of brain damage. My question is though, aside from storing the information in a safe place, is what can be done with my brain copy? Will I be able to think as a program on a computer?

Will I be a robot with a 10TB brain? o_0?!

1 comment:

Xaphon said...

You'll be a Räelian, or however that's spelled. Transhumanism is convoluted yet fascinating.