13.7.08

Why Are You Telling Me

So, in addition to dropping the price on the Xbox 360 to $299, Microsoft dropped this little news bit on me as well:

My question, and the reason I'm showing you guys it, is why did they put this on my 360? I mean, I'm not going to go out and buy a 60 Gig model, now am I? If I wanted more "Gigabytes for the buck, I could just grab their (outrageously expensive) 120GB hard drive on its own. I wonder, and this is what the real anouncment should have been, if they're planning on releasing the 60GB hard drives on their own in August as well, and if so, if they plan on selling them for less than the $100 they're currently charging for the 20GB model.

x_x

1 comment:

Xaphon said...

Xbox no doubt uses NTFS disk formatting, and probably uses SATA standards. Upon up the thing and see if you could just buy a drive from Newegg and jam it in there.