19.5.04

Dammit, People, Frankenstein is NOT a monster

I saw a commercial for Van Helsing this morning. It has you battling, among other things, Frankenstein, or so it claims. Despite all my fantasies of seeing Hugh Jackman beat up on an old guy in a lab coast (and let me tell you, shooting random scientists in Goldeneye was fun, especially when you just shot them in the leg or something), the commercial showed Van Helsing instead beating up on some large blue creature seemingly hobbled together from different corpses. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, you've been desensitized by Hollywood monster films more than you know.

At the moment I'm looking for the Teen Titans Theme. Anyone who has it (preferably in Japanese), I would greatly appreciate it.

Just a few minutes ago, I got a call to go downstairs. My mom was having trouble with the printer. I managed to diagnose the problem without actually looking at it, or even getting out of bed. Let me first preface this story with a little factual tidbit. One of the reasons people dislike tech support people is because they always sound condescending, usually because they ask questions that make even the most base computer user feel insulted. For instance, when dealing with a faulty printer, there are two stock questions they always ask.
1. Is the printer plugged in to the power source?
2. Is the printer connected to the computer?
Despite how stupid you would have to be to miss one of these problems, you would be surprised how often one of these problems is the source of the problem. Alright, so when I heard that the printer was acting up, I immediately thought back to this morning, when the computer down there was being frustratingly slow, as usual. I got fed up and brought down my laptop, hooked the printer into it, and printed off the web page I needed. Then I unhooked my computer, but I left the cable there, hanging in plain view of everyone. Including my former programmer mother. You'd think she'd be computer literate, right? Right? Sigh. I hadda go down there, and pull the cord through myself. Low and behold, the printer worked 100% better.

Oh yeah, in case u hadn't noticed ever, the downstairs computer pisses me off. I hate it with the fire of at least 36 suns. And possibly a smaller satellite object, like the moon.

I GOT KITTENS!!! Two, to be precise. A white one I've named Wampa, and a brown/black striped fellow with white paws, whom we've taken to calling Snowshoes. Both are boys, about 5 weeks old, and absolutely adorable. *Huggles both.* Course, the downside is, while house-breaking them, they need to live in my bathroom. Which is now a mess of kitty litter and cat food. Ugh.

Lessee... Tidbits: I got a new manga - Negima! It's alright, a bit hard to keep up with, though, since it involves an entire class full of girls. How the hell am I supposed to keep up with 31+ characters? Oh well, it contains fan-service aplenty, so I'm not complaining. And magic powers. You gotta love the magical 10-year-old teacher. And the class of 31 sexy chicks... I know, I'm a dirty old man. U.U...

A while ago I bought a 3' Care Bear, Bedtime Bear, in pillow form. I dunno if I just recently broke him in or what, but he is REALLY soft and nice. My only question is: Should I take him to college, which is also coming up soon, and I need to clean my room, and AGH!!! *MY HEAD ASPLODE!*

Earlier today, I managed to get a free Tribes 2 CD Key, even after the website providing them claimed they were all out. W00t for my l33t skillz!

Also... No, wait, that's it. So long, fellas!

No comments: