2.5.04

Random Acts of Money

I am now 82$ richer. I got this money through two rather interesting turns of events, which I shall relate to you.... Now.

First, last month, on the 15th (that's APRIL 15th, for those of you paying attention) I was filing my tax return. Guess what, since I spent most of the time un-employed, I got money back from my taxes taken from salary. $27, to be exact. So that came in the other day. Whee for me!

Next, and by far the cooler one, was my recent eBay sale. Recently, I wrote about the pestering I was getting from Gmail. I shouldn't have complained, really, it was just a tiny pop-up notification. Anyway, Dan, who didn't know I had the offer at the time, sent me a news link, as a kinda "hey, this is cool" thing. It showed how people were selling Gmail beta accounts. "Hey... I could have one of those..." I mused. This was all this morning. I got on eBay, listed my account slot for just under the going rate, and voila! This evening, someone had used the "buy it now" option to give me $65 for a Gmail account.

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I was so anxious to get rid of something like that, or at the very least, what Gmail is that makes people want to buy it so badly. Before selling the account, I did some research into the service. Evidently, it was a 1 Gigabyte(!) account, in addition to Google's cutting edge search engine techniques to sort through your mail quick and easy. However, it also scans your e-mail for keywords so that they can pinpoint you for ads easier. I don't need that kinda intrusion, thank you very much. I'm sticking with Hotmail.

I am also owed a favor from a friend of mine for getting a guy to ask her out. I have NO idea what that is worth. Any suggestions??

Okay, I have to go FINALLY clean my room. u.u

No comments: