15.8.05

Back In The Swing O' Things

Well, I'm sure you're all wondering just what I've been doing here. Or asked me and I told you. Why the fuck do I write this thing again? Oh yeah: I'm a fool. Ah well. A fool's life be a merry one, and not full of the fret or worry that has a king.

So yeah, I've been here in New Jersey. It's not bad. My dad's nearly constantly away for work, since he works in Philly, and would rather make the 1.5 hour commute at night, then sleep and be rested in the morning; than to wake up 2 hours earlier and drive half groggily through heavy traffic. Wendy thinks this is "weird." She thinks a lot of things are "weird", and though she doesn't say it outright, the way she uses it gives you the implication that she thinks its wrong or bad or something. It makes me kinda sad, that she sees things that are different as being "weird". It also makes me angry that she talks for hours on end about all the things she doesnt like about my dad. His drinking, his staying in another place. Meanwhile I never hear him complain about her once, and I do the same, not wanting to make any waves in their already precarious relationship. I'm sorry, though, Wendy, if you're trying to make me see you as the 'victim' here or something, it's not happening. My mom talks bad about my dad, and I'm kinda torn. They're both my parents. Wendy, you are not. You're a nice lady, and I'm glad my dad is so happy with you that he married you. If he's happy, then that's great. But if it comes down to you or him, don't think I'm going to take your side.

*Sigh* I'm glad I got that outta my system. Lets see.... I had one more thing to say while I was ranting. Oh well... It'll come to me. Meanwhile: Isn't it bizzare that Matt Damon was in Eurotrip? I still can't get that through my head. You know that song "Scotty Doesn't Know", that they're playing at the party? The guy in the band... That's Matt Damon. Tell me if that makes sense.
Yeah, we're making a random comedy movie, and we've got a part for a guitarist on stage for about 4 minutes in a montage concert scene. Lets make it Matt Damon. That seems like a good use of our money.
Sigh....

So anyway, what have I been doing here? What HAVE I been doing? Well... I helped my dad fix the steps on his porch at the shore house. That was somewhat interesting. And I get to drive his van a lot of the time, so I can go get James and Dylan from their sundry adventures. Which leads me to:

MAGIC STUFF!!!!

Don't worry, I'll try to be brief about it: Friday night I went to the gamers realm for their Friday Night Magic draft. Champions, Betrayers, Saviors. I lost 3nd round, and my opponant was apparently the only one undefeated after that, some how, so he pretty much automatically won. Yay me. X_X Anyway, I got a few nifty trades out of it, Including the FOIL Sword of Fire and Ice I got off James for driving him to his gf's house, traded away for Kokusho!!! I have Mom's Xmas present all wrapped up. ^_^

Saturday was free day though. As in... free booster draft. Randomly, it was Betrayers only, but some library in Mt. Holly was paying for boxes, and I wasn't about to start asking questions. I had a blast though, so that was good. ^_^ I made a pretty solid Gr/w deck, and then proceded to draw my one of nine forests every game.... X_X Sigh... So I was out of that. Then I lost in a Type 2 tournament by simply refusing to win. I don't know what came over me. I had the win in hand. Duplicant on the Hokori, survive a turn to play Tooth and Nail for Triskellion and Vampire. Sigh... Oh well. Now that Tooth's going out of Type 2, I'll prolly never play it again. I dunno. Maybe I'll make it extended or something, and run Bojisu main. *Sighs* What could have been... On the way back, I got a Grimlock alternator, though, so it wasn't a total bust for the day. And plus, free magic cards. I can't say no to that. Ever.

I've also been fiddling with the old interface again. Yeah, I reskinned my computer. Again. And now it looks nifty. You wanna see? It looks all macish! Seriously, you guys!




I've also got my background on rotation, every 30 minutes, or whenever I get bored. I just flipped to this Homestar one cuz it seemed appropriate. Anyway, I'll catch you all later. Have I talked about Superman Vs Batman yet? If not, I should. Ok, bye.

Oh, not by, thanks to editing! I almost forgot to put up this link to the page I was viewing when I took the screenshot. In it, Jack Thompson (Anti-videogame Lawyer) goes crazy in front of the author of VGCats. It's great.

No comments: