31.8.05

Strange Goings-On

For whatever reason, this discussion has taken up way too much of my time and effort. It shouldn't have been that much of an issue. I quoted the Lion King, and he should have said something about the Lion King being stupid, and I would have agreed, but said that the quote still applied. He instead decided to escalate it by deleting the quote outright and insulting me for "liking Disney movies" too much and being immature. See, if you ask me, there is a time and place for maturity, and the Internet is rarely it. So yeah, I go around being immature online. Is that a crime? Is that so bad? *Sighs*

James feels that people should simply forget their childhood when they enter high school. Okay, good for him. I don't want to. He seems to feel that the world is divided into things for children, and things for adults, and past a certain age you should switch. I think that he should know better than anyone that this field is blurred far more than that, especially since he loves video games, and has a GameCube, unarguably the one system of the big three targeted to the youngest market. In any case, I need to move past this. He's right, some things are more imporant than others. Right now, for instance, a lot of things are more important than that issue. I just hope James realizes that we WILL have to interact several times over in the future, and I'm not the one with a problem. I didn't mind ferrying around someone and talking about issues like religion and politics and things, but if he's going to attack me and the things I enjoy, I simply don't want to be in the car with him if I can avoid it. And, as luck would have it, I can for the most part in this case. ^_^

Lessee, in other news, I've started school, and I think it's a good thing that I'm enjoying them all so far. I have a really kick-ass schedule, with plenty of time to hang ou- I mean get my work done. *Nods* Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons are completely open for me, along with the weekends. I've decided to set those afternoons apart for doing my homework. Gasp! You heard right, I've scheduled time for my home work! O_O And that's not all: I'm going to be doing it EARLY if I can. Blasphemy! But yeah, this afternoon I still need to go and get my books. I waited until I'd seen all my classes and listened to what they needed, and now I know. Thankfully, I managed to get all the information my Aunt needed to her so she could get all my financial issues straightened out. I probably got more money than I'll need for my books, and as much as I'd like to keep the money for myself, I'll probably have to at least TELL her about it, and probably go to the trouble of sending it back so it can be invested. With any luck, it will be some amount that is too small to be worth returning to my college fund, but big enough that I can use it to buy food or something cool.

Anyway, that's my plan. I'll probably give an outline of all my classes or something later... And do some serious writing (or as serious as I get, anyway) to take my mind off this James thing and get some of my pent up aggression out. Yeah, that's right, I do get angry, but unlike some people, I know how to deal with it. Anyway, That's later. Calc is now. And again, James, if you're reading this, you seriously need to unblock me. I don't want to discuss things ad infinitum in your Journal any more than you do. That's something we can at least both agree on.

No comments: