5.4.07

Stardust, and Other Fictions


I found this trailer off Popurls.com, which I have to reccomend if you're ever bored and looking for something fun. It shows the top rated links from a variety of sources, such as YouTube, as well as cites like Digg and Reddit, which are user submitted and rated. I've found a bunch of interesting random articles there, and actually have it set as one of my home pages on Firefox.

I have never heard of this movie, Stardust, but it looks pretty cool. If nothing else, it looks like it might be worth a rental to sit down and watch with Clara or something. I don't have anything to add about the trailer itself that you couldn't gather from watching it, but I also thought it was cool that the main page had a link to the Resident Evil: Extinction trailer, which was fun when I saw it in theaters back a while. I think it's a well done trailer, starting with a cliche ad, then the sudden appearance of the Umbrella logo... Anyway, check that trailer out. I'll let you judge whether or not you wanna see the film, but I'm probably gonna. I enjoyed the first two, definitely. I haven't played the games for Resident Evil, but they're up there with Mortal Kombat as "Best Video Game Movies." Granted, there's not a lot of fierce competition in that category (Doom, Super Mario Brothers, Tomb Raider, I could go on and on...), but they were definitely enjoyable movies.

Sigh, so many tempting movies upcoming. Aren't there always, though? Aside from those two, I've got on my radar (in no particular order other than the order they pop into my head):
  • 28 Weeks Later (Sequel to 28 Days Later, neither of which have anything to do with Sandra Bullock's 28 Days.)
  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters (I guess Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan made long titles funny?)
  • Transformers (I'm obligated by sheer fandom.)
  • Spider-Man 3 (Why is Spider-Man the only superhero with a dash in his name?)
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Eh, maybe, maybe not...)
  • Grindhouse (Awesomeness on top of awesomeness.)
  • Hot Fuzz (I loved Shaun of the Dead -apparently I have a thing for zombies- but these guys have earned my viewership)
And I suppose theres more I'm too lazy to add in there.

Meh.

No comments: