30.4.04

Space: The Something Something

I am the perennial nerd, for those of you not yet in "the loop." BTW, the loop, for me, is extremely large, and I think it is broken in several places. Anyway, I have a lotta nerdy stuff to talk about, and what better place to start than Star Trek? Yes, lately I've gotten back into watching the old TNG reruns on Spike TV, cuz quite frankly, nothing better is on at noon or one pm. And honestly, they ARE really good TV. I can't really explain it, any better than the fact that TNG really does give you the impression of what it like to live on a starship. And that, my friends, is my dream. Not to be an amazing Starfleet Captain or high ranking officer, but just the average guy. Dude in the blue shirt who looks at the wall and hits random buttons on the computer. I'd love that job. It's like a desk job, only on a starship. It'd rock. I want that job.

Also, Data > Kikiader, or w/e other robot-trying-to-become-human story you want to talk about. I feel sorry he died in Nemesis (crappy movie, all most entirely) and couldn't continue his quest.

Moving on to another Star-thing, I have once again somewhat dived into Starcraft. Not entirely, mind you, but I have an excess of free time, and in that free time, I am up for a friendly game every once in a while. It was in this kind of mood that I got into a conversation comparing game libraries with a friend online. We ended up having only Warcraft 3 in common, and that didn't work out. I tried to convince him, and I shall try to convince you all, of the merits of STARLANCER! Prequel to Freelancer, Starlancer is one of the best starfighter sims out there, and definitely the best for less than $2. X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter was also good game, and I'm surprised more people didn't get it. Oh well.

This recent line of thought prompted me today to do something rash. I was at Best Buy today, with my mom, getting a new keyboard, cuz something went wrong with the old one. (Nothing big, mind you, there was some minor glitch that we got fixed after we came home with the new one. u.u ) Anyway, while there, I spotted Unreal Tournament 2k4, and I got Mom to buy it for me, and I would get it upon cleaning my room. My room, by the way, is a mess. So. After a good weekends worth of work, I should be able to play this cutting-edge game. Anyone else got it? Gonna get it? Think it sucks and I shouldn't bother getting it? In any case, if I'm not on much in the next few days, that's why. See ya later.

No comments: