20.8.04

Storm Troubles

We had a big thunderstorm tonite. It made my house even more hell-hole-ish than usual. Here's a list of all the thing's that the storm has done.

-It was loud. Hard to concentrate on TV.
-It set off my car alarm. Twice. How does an electrical desturbance trigger anti-theft devices? (Next thing I know, Thunder will trigger the Steal Law in FFTA, too.)
-Made me have to unplug my computer. No fun there.
-It apparently KILLED our cable internet. The only reason you're reading this is because our next door neighbors, whose wireless net extends just into my bedroom, didn't get their internet killed some how. But it's a bitch to keep this thing aimed right. Actually, this had me worried that I had fried my network card before I realized that my comp wasn't the only one not getting net. Had me REALLY worried
-It cut the water. I'm not sure how that happened, either, but our water's out. o_0?

Anyway, I'm gonna unplug everything for the night, just in case the storm rears its ugly head again. Sides, comp needed a good battery drain now. Night.

No comments: