26.10.04

Multiball!! MULTIBAAAALLLL!!!!!

Umm... The title is cuz shouting Multiplayer just doesn't have the same ring. Anyway, I just spent the early afternoon making up two magic decks. It felt good. It's been far too long. What prompted me to make not one but two decks after such a long period of not? My roommates brother. He calls us last night, telling Matt that he arranged a multiplayer game or two with a friend. Naturally we accept. Problem is, he didn't have a deck. So I got drafted to make one for him, because none of my other decks, aside from my precious Last Laugh deck (you can't spell slaughter without laugh...) aren't really cut out for group games. So, I asked him what kind of deck he wanted. "Black and white or red and green," comes the responce. As I'm looking through my rare binder, which I often do for inspiration, I notice a large number of "Junk" enchantments in the colors. So I mention them to him, and he says "Sure, I haven't done an enchantment deck in a while." My original plan was to simply have it be you're basic dumb red and green deck, elves and fast mana on the first few turns, then ramp up to huge mana for huge stupid-big effects. However, upon him calling the idea an Enchantment deck, I'm reminded of the four Verduran Enchantresses I have, and the four Enchantresses Presences. Stupid Enchantress Deck was made shortly thereafter, with a light sprinkling of all the junk enchantments I could find. I through in Confusion in the Ranks for sheer dumbness, as well as Teferi's Puzzle Box out of Masochism. I will annoy EVERYONE at the table tonite, even though I didn't play the deck. Maybe Mike will annoy everyone, instead, while I quietly Armageddon the field to death. Speaking of combos, based on the sheer number of one- and two- ofs in the deck, there are some spiffy interactions. My favorite is the Mana Flares with either Saproling Burst or Words of Wilding (or even Dragon's Roost if things get really out of hand), to create ungodly amounts of mana. Meanwhile, there are maybe two mana sinks in the deck. Umm.. Oh well.

Also, as I sloshed though my common and uncommon boxes for cards to fill out "the most expensive deck I've ever owned I think," I passed through the remains of my old squirrel deck. Once I had the Red Green Dumbness created, I went about making a better squirrel deck, if only for flavor. I hope Unhinged has more squirrel cards, I need them. Oh, and Deranged Hermits if anyone out there has some. Plus, if you couldn't tell from my nonsensical rant, I'm excited to test these babies out. If you're up for an online game over AIM, lemme know when I get back from class. Speaking of which, I gotta go to class now, bye!

....Oh, and sorry about the pair of nerdy-type rants in a row. I'll see about putting up some non-fanboyish posts later on, promise.

No comments: