14.4.06

I BEAT KINGDOM HEARTS 2!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, first, I wanna say this: The game is flat out awesome, so go buy it!

Now, after that stunningly accurate review... SPOILERS AHEAD!!! (Nothing Major, but still, better safe than sorry for some people.)

I got home this afternoon and decided to check out the world awaiting me. I had what looked like 2 more Disney Worlds awaiting me: Halloween Town and Pridelands. I whipped through them, though the boss for the Pridelands gave me a taste of what I could expect more of later on: Bosses where you have no clue what's fucking going on... X_X.

Anyway, after that, I did a Passover Seder at my church, which I won't talk about here, cuz it's within the spoiler warnings. I'll discuss it maybe later. Easter's coming up, and I'm in a religious mood lately, so that'll pop in as a blog. Enough prattle, though.

So I get back, and remember that the game has alerted me to a couple of new things going on. The last world was available, but rated itself at several levels above my current state. Not only didn't I think I was ready try that yet, I didn't wanna skip all the other material available to me. I hadda finish the Tron world, and something was up in Twilight Town, so that needed going too later, too. After wizzing through the Tron world, and discovering to my dismay that the Antiform was still out there, I headed into Traverse Town. Sora and his friends went to the Mansion for the first time, in order to enter the digital Twilight Town from the beginning of the game, the one Roxas called home. Once there, they find the doorway to the last world (so apparrently you didn't wanna end up there on your own?...), where the final battles take place. I wasn't sure if I really was gonna end it tonight, but I decided I had come too far to leave it unfinished. Plus, the story cutscenes had started picking up again, and I was ready to see how it ended.

I know I said I'd have spoilers, but I'd just as soon go without the play by play of the game. I've gotta say that the whole 3 kinds of Ansem still confuse me, but I sorta had it figured out. It got easier as they started dropping off near the end, so there was only one left, and you knew he needed killing too. But first, the sub bosses. Rather than just fighting giant nameless heartless, like in KHONE, there were three other members of the organization to fight with. I don't remember their names, but I know they had them. And they were pretty tough suckers. It was even tougher considering I went into Anti Form on TWO OF THEM... X_X I died in one of those encounters, and swore off the form for my continued battle against him. The second time was fucking CLOSE. I was like... "I've already gone into anti form three times today... I can't have luck that bad...." Apparently, I can. But I still managed beat him. I had about a sliver of health left myself, though. It was seriously so close that after the battle, I wasn't sure who'd won. I kept dreading that I was gonna see the Continue screen. Let me say it now, I hate the Anti Form....

Anyway, after that, it wasn't really an option. Riku joined the party, and I think it was just me and him for the rest of the night. So no more drive forms. He did have a pretty sweet limit command, though. Got it up to like 200+ hits at one point. I gotta say, I really enjoyed the one on one battle between Sora and... Xenmas? Xenohart? whichever. I think it was Xenmas, but I get confused. Whoever it was, it was a really good battle. I consider THAT the real final battle of the game. The last one, where he's just sitting in a chair and your job is to hit him until he knocks you back, run / fly over and hit him again, that was lame. I mean, it was tough, and I enjoyed it, but it was just... I expect more from my boss battles than just them sitting there. Bleh....

But story wise... whoa. And I've seen some spoilers even. I was still surprised by the ending. I'm not gonna even talk about what happens, but just... wow. I love a happy ending. ^_^ I did wanna end by saying that I've seen a lot of grief from the Internet about how the Disney aspect of the game sucks. I'll admit, it is kinda... RANDOM. Seriously, there was enough material for a full story without the Disney worlds. They feel kinda like the varying Sonic the Hedgehog levels: Desert level, Jungle level, Water level, Snow level, etc., except with Disney themes. I mean, I guess it's cool being able to play alongside Aladdin, but it almost feels like two different games. They don't totally mesh together as well as one would like. I realize the limitations they have on them, though. Maybe KH3 will fix that one little problem, and either do away with the extra Disney worlds (Mickey and Co, and the other main characters for the story are not "extra", btw), or integrate them more.

Okay, I'm fucking tired. Time for bed. I have work tomorrow. Ugh.

One last thing. I hate the Anti Form with the fire of 1000 suns!

Now all I needa do is beat Chain of Memories...

No comments: