23.5.06

Oh My God These Deviled eggs are delicious!

A little bit of Internet dialogue before diving into further randomness:
Effervescence 34 (12:22:00 AM): but anyway, on to me
Effervescence 34 (12:22:10 AM): turns out that before I went to the comic store
Effervescence 34 (12:22:13 AM): i still had about....
Effervescence 34 (12:22:23 AM): 1.50 or so in my checking account
Black13Rose7 (12:22:40 AM): k.?
Effervescence 34 (12:23:29 AM): so then
Effervescence 34 (12:23:39 AM): i feel stupid for spending 22 bucks at the comic store
Effervescence 34 (12:23:42 AM): live and leran, eh?
Black13Rose7 (12:24:06 AM): yeah
Black13Rose7 (12:24:07 AM): XD
Black13Rose7 (12:24:12 AM): told you you sould right it
Black13Rose7 (12:24:13 AM): write
Black13Rose7 (12:24:15 AM): somethihng
Effervescence 34 (12:24:17 AM): yup
Effervescence 34 (12:24:20 AM): *sighs
Effervescence 34 (12:24:22 AM): ah well
Effervescence 34 (12:24:33 AM): and it didn't withdraw 100 like i thoguht
Effervescence 34 (12:24:46 AM): just exactly enoguh to put my checking account at 0.00
Black13Rose7 (12:24:57 AM): yeah
Black13Rose7 (12:24:59 AM): that seemed odd
Effervescence 34 (12:25:52 AM): which?
Effervescence 34 (12:26:03 AM): the 21.63 transfer?
Effervescence 34 (12:26:12 AM): or this hair that keeps dancing in front of my lens?
Black13Rose7 (12:26:16 AM): no... the over drafting 100 dollars
Effervescence 34 (12:29:50 AM): meh, it does that when i have like 200 in there
Effervescence 34 (12:29:53 AM): or it used to
Effervescence 34 (12:30:00 AM): even withdrawls of 100bucks
Effervescence 34 (12:30:03 AM): it drove me nuts
Effervescence 34 (12:30:07 AM): like the hair
Effervescence 34 (12:30:15 AM): luckily, now i can say that both are no more
Black13Rose7 (12:31:17 AM): heh
Black13Rose7 (12:31:18 AM): brb
Black13Rose7 (12:37:29 AM): miss me?
Effervescence 34 (12:37:34 AM): yeah
Effervescence 34 (12:37:37 AM): whered you get off to?
Black13Rose7 (12:37:57 AM): I got an ice cream sammich and tea
Effervescence 34 (12:38:01 AM): *jealous
Effervescence 34 (12:38:06 AM): i was just thinking about getting water
Black13Rose7 (12:38:24 AM): you wouldn't like it, it's arizona green tea and a soy ice cream bar thing
Black13Rose7 (12:38:25 AM): XD
Black13Rose7 (12:38:30 AM): /healthy?
Effervescence 34 (12:38:38 AM): stilll
Effervescence 34 (12:38:42 AM): i was thinking of getting water
Effervescence 34 (12:38:54 AM): and you had to go and upstage my fantasy
Black13Rose7 (12:39:47 AM): /pat
Effervescence 34 (12:41:12 AM): okay
Effervescence 34 (12:41:22 AM): now i have to wish i could go get some chocolate cake
Effervescence 34 (12:41:30 AM): and a glass of wine
Effervescence 34 (12:41:39 AM): but since I can't get that, I'll just go for a glass of water
Effervescence 34 (12:41:42 AM): brb
Black13Rose7 (12:41:44 AM): kay
Black13Rose7 (12:41:59 AM): get me chocolate cake and wine though while you're at it kay? XD
Effervescence 34 (12:43:01 AM): oh my god these deviled eggs are delicious!
Black13Rose7 (12:43:59 AM): I've never had deviled eggs
Effervescence 34 (12:44:37 AM): you are missing out
Yeah, all my conversations go something like that.

I watched the Season Finale of House earlier. I really like that show, and I'm not quite sure why. I'm not really into medicine, and I get squeemish at a lot of the stuff they show. I suppose that stuff's just for shock value. This is Fox, after all, and the show airs following American Idol, so they gotta have some bit of superficiality to it. But on the other hand, I'm just a sucker for a good mystery, even when I have no idea what the jargon being tossed around is. Tonight's ep, by the way, was really good, in an almost Matrix-y way, trying to determine the difference between reality and illusion, that sorta thing. Really kept me going, past the guy whose eyeball and testicle were popping.

Plus, I really like the character, House. Aside from his first name, which I'm sure is just a coincidence. Though I have yet to hear of a below average (intellectually) Greg, I'm sure there's one out there. Anyway, past his first name, I just like his style of humor. You may notice me emulating it more in the future, as I follow the show more. For instance:
B T M S SPARTAN: I think i royaly pissed her off
B T M S SPARTAN: in a wham bam thank you ma'am combo, of showing her
B T M S SPARTAN: an Oh My Gods comic strip
B T M S SPARTAN: then
B T M S SPARTAN: bashing the catholic church
B T M S SPARTAN: telling her i hated catholocism
B T M S SPARTAN: she told me she was cathloic
B T M S SPARTAN: i said
B T M S SPARTAN: thats kinda pathetic
B T M S SPARTAN: she said i have some issues i need to resolfe
Effervescence 34: with an f?
B T M S SPARTAN: i said im sorry, I dont have a large aircraft and a thermonuclear bomb to drop on the vatican, so I cant resolve my issues.
B T M S SPARTAN: (resolve*)
B T M S SPARTAN: so yea
B T M S SPARTAN: i think she wants me dead
Effervescence 34: worse
Effervescence 34: she's a christian
Effervescence 34: she wants to save you
It's there. At least, I notice it. Maybe it's simply that I just watched the show, thanks to Tivo. That happens to me, I put myself in the character of someone I just watched, or a general stereotype of the genre. For instance, I watched Misson Impossible 3 the other week, and though I felt a little more secret agent-y, I didn't quite feel like Tom Cruise the secret agent. I had no urge to suspend myself from an intricate system of wires and pulleys, nor did I have an appitite for placentae. *Shrugs.*

So today was a somewhat crappy day. It started off at about 830, and it felt like every little thing that could go wrong did. I decided that if one more thing went wrong, I was liable to scream (this turned out later to be true), so I called in "sick" for work, because calling in "angry" or "cranky" just doesn't work. I really have to start making up these hours. Either that, or just find a new job that makes me happy to go to. I probably would have been alright at work, really, but I didn't want to risk it. I have freaked out in the past about stuff, and though it's usually at home, in the company of people I know and trust (mostly), I've had a few incidents in public that I'd rather leave behind me and definitely not repeat. *Sighs* Then I slept for about 3 hours.

Before sleeping, I decided to read my newly aquired issues 1-4 of Transformers: Infiltration, the new comic book series starring the G1 Transformers. Yeah, the comics I was talking about in the first conversation. So far it's pretty interesting, if a little slow... Of course, that just means that issues 5 and 6 are gonna be pretty sweet. Usually I wait for the trade paperback issue. Dunno why I didn't on this. Impatience? Maybe. I may end up buying both, just to be a completist. Hey, maybe I can even ebay the 6 comic issues once they're out of print to pay for the TPB. I am a genius. ^_^

I think I'm outta stuff to read. That's a Freudian slip there. I had meant to put "write", "say", "talk about", or any other synonym. "Read"? It's true though. I could go through and read the Guildpack novel, but it's not really enthralling me the way the Ravnica one did. I'll probably get the Dissention fat pack still, and just never read its novel, either. Meanwhile, PJ has a book downstairs I've been meaning to ask him about - "Entertaining Ourselves to Death." Or something like that. Basically what Jon Stewart is talking about in the clip I'm linking below. To quote:
STEWART: But my point is this. If your idea of confronting me is that I don't ask hard-hitting enough news questions, we're in bad shape, fellows. (LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: We're here to love you, not confront you.

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: We're here to be nice.

STEWART: No, no, no, but what I'm saying is this. I'm not. I'm here to confront you, because we need help
from the media and they're hurting us. And it's -- the idea is...

(APPLAUSE)

(CROSSTALK)

BEGALA: Let me get this straight. If the indictment is -- if the indictment is -- and I have seen you say this -- that...

STEWART: Yes.
"What you do is not honest. What you do is partisan hackery. You have a responsibility to the public discourse, and you fail miserably." --Jon Stewart

BEGALA: And that CROSSFIRE reduces everything, as I said in the intro, to left, right, black, white.

STEWART: Yes.

BEGALA: Well, it's because, see, we're a debate show.

STEWART: No, no, no, no, that would be great.

BEGALA: It's like saying The Weather Channel reduces everything to a storm front.

STEWART: I would love to see a debate show.

BEGALA: We're 30 minutes in a 24-hour day where we have each side on, as best we can get them, and have them fight it out.

STEWART: No, no, no, no, that would be great. To do a debate would be great. But that's like saying pro wrestling is a show about athletic competition.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: Jon, Jon, Jon, I'm sorry. I think you're a good comedian. I think your lectures are boring.

STEWART: Yes.

CARLSON: Let me ask you a question on the news.

STEWART: How old are you?

CARLSON: Thirty-five.

STEWART: And you wear a bow tie.

(LAUGHTER)

(APPLAUSE)

CARLSON: Yes, I do. I do.

STEWART: So this is...

CARLSON: I know. I know. I know. You're a...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: So this is theater.

CARLSON: Now, let me just...

(CROSSTALK)

CARLSON: Now, come on.

STEWART: Now, listen, I'm not suggesting that you're not a smart guy, because those are not easy to tie.

CARLSON: They're difficult.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: But the thing is that this -- you're doing theater, when you should be doing debate, which would be great.
I had a hard time narrowing it down to the contextual soundbite I wanted. If you give it a TL;DR, just watch the clip, or at least listen to it in the background. It's a good show, and it is a talk show, so watching isn't entirely important. For those of you who don't watch, and only listen, I suppose I should warn you. One of them (Carlson) is in fact wearing a bow tie.

X-Men releases next.... Monday? No, I just checked, it's this Friday. Wow. Time flys. And a week from then I'll be on my way to New Jersey, or Philadelphia, or whichever. It's really Philly; I think my dad's moved almost entirely out of Jersey now, but that'll still always be my home. I lived in New Jersey for what is still the first half of my life, and I enjoy returning to it, even if there's nothing there to return to. Home is home. There's something... I dunno what to call it, but it feels somehow right to be close to the place you grew up.

Probably would feel better if I had some friends up there, but still, I'll take what I can get.

Oh yeah, the video:

No comments: