27.2.04

Greetings from Not New Jersey

Yeah, I skipped right over NJ. So, this will be my catch-all entry for that trip. Let's see... First note, I've done a lot of traveling on my own for this trip. I suppose this shouldn't be such a big thing for me, I have taken plane flights on my own before, though usually I have someone there to buy me the ticket, because those e-Ticket booths need a credit card, which I don't have. Anyway, this trip, after driving from Tennessee to Washington, D.C. (and spending the night there) we made our way to the DC train station, which functions a great deal like an airport, until you get to the actual train, at which point you realize how much train technology has NOT advanced in the past 150 years. Oh well.

Anyway, that was all well and good, and then I arrived in Delaware of all place. That was good. Let's see.
My step brother held a Magic Sealed Deck Tourney - Mirr/DS, if you were wondering. I made a pretty decent White / artifact equipment deck, despite not getting ANY of the little white guys who make equipment so good. I did decent, third of nine. Got a pack out of it. Course, the big prize was getting my 4th Glimmervoid and, yes, a 4th CHROME MOX, all for just one each of the Mirrodin Tower cards. It's a steal, trust me. Not so much as the guy who gave me a Call of the Herd for FREE (this was just as Torment was coming out, and Call was worth like 20$ at the time.

Then, Sunday, I was supposed to see my friend Ralph, who is going to college in the area (2 hrs from Philly). My dad dropped me off at his old house, from where his sister was going to take me. She is over an hour later than she said she'd be. The she finally shows, and, oh, we're not going, we're going to the movies and lunch instead. It was nice, except that I blew twenty bucks on that day, which I would have rather spent elsewhere... Oh well.

The next few days I just spent chilling, not much to say bout them, so I wont.

Then I went home, again, alone. It was alright. I got to sleep a little. And I discovered that the e-Tickets could use anything with a magnetic strip, almost. My drivers license didn't work, but my ATM card did. It even brought up my own ticket, after I told it what flight I was on. Which was odd, considering I'm fairly certain that you cant buy airplane tickets (or anything else) with an ATM card. Especially mine, because I am broke.

Anyway, I got back home, safe and sound. First think I did was go shopping! Heh. I FINALLY found Chobits #3. Nothing farther than that, though. I also got the first DVD of a series called Kiddy Grade. It's rather cool, and if I get more money, I'll get the 2nd and 3rd and so on when it comes out. Unfortunately for you folks, I am too tired to describe it. Or anything else. See you around!

No comments: