14.2.04

Ton's of Weirdness

I seem to be neglecting this thing more and more. I'm sorry, it's not my fault, really it's not. It's just.. I've been having some odd scheduling things. As you fan tell, I'm STILL not in Tennessee. Yeah, we got snow, instead. Just not enough to get excited over. It was all melted away by noon. But apparently there was a snow warning up along I-40, our intended route of travel. So we're effectively snowed in by snow I can't enjoy. Exciting, huh?

God, I'm stupid. I just looked at some stupid thing talking about the subliminal messages in some song. And it was pretty weird, because it really did sound like the Lord's Prayer in whatever song they were singing, UNTIL THE STUPID SCARY SHIT CAME ON!! If you don't know what I'm talking about, well... I won't subject you to the flash thing itself, but here's a description. A flash movie comes on with very quiet sound, and something for you to read, or look at (Where's Waldo is sometimes used). Then, after you're sucked in and staring at your screen, with the volume cranked up to max, the image switches to either something disturbing or disgusting or something, with loud music. Scary shit, if you're not expecting it. Kudos to the designer, because he lured me into a false sense of security.

Anyway, lets see what else is going on... Um... Oh yeah, it's Valentines Day, and I've managed to stay lonely and happy at the same time. Again, the glories of the Internet. Thanks to all my friends for talking to me today.

Speaking of love, I've been reading Chobits lately. For those of you who don't know, it's a manga (a.k.a. Japanese Comic Book, or Anime in Print Form) about a guy who is, like many guys in this sort of story, is down on his luck. Of course. As the story begins, we find our hero, Hideki, bemoaning his fate about being down on his luck, and, specifically, unable to afford a computer, or persocomp. Speaking of which, that's what makes this an interesting story - the persocomps. They are computers shaped like people, usually pretty girls. Hideki, the lucky guy, stumbles across a seemingly brand new one, just tossed in the trash. He carries it to his home, activates it (her?) and then notices the oddness. Such oddness as Chi - so named because that is all she can say at first - having no operating system detectable, despite her functionality, and shorting out any other persocomp that tries to link with her, and, as I stated, being able to only say "Chi." Anyway, its interesting, and you should all get it, or at least, buy it for me. ^-^

Dudes, I started this thing at 450 today. its now approaching midnight. And tomorrow I have a road trip. So long. See you from Tennessee.

No comments: