29.2.04

More College Stuff

Okay, here's another college essay. In a couple of days, when I'm not so damn tired, I'll write a full report that makes sense of all this crap.

-----
I always have a problem with this type of essay. You see, I haven't got any real personal problems. Nothing big enough to put on a college application, anyway. I have a congenital heart defect, but that has been fixed, and doesn't affect my life in any major way. My parents were divorced and my mom moved us from New Jersey to Texas, but even that wasn't too big of a switch. If my life has been exceptional in any way, its that it was exceptionally average.

I suppose, actually, that average isn't quite the right word for it. I mean, I am by no means an average person. I have my own unique personality that, I feel, doesn't fit well into any "average" mold. What I meant, though, is that I haven't really had any above average challenges, but by the same token, I haven't had any been given any extraordinary opportunities. My life, sadly, has been a dreary path of "the same ol' same ol'," never really being much of anything exciting.

Now I wonder, though, if that doesn't give me some advantage in itself. Having neither the ultra-privileged life nor the highly mistreated one, does that afford me a clear, unbiased view of both aspects of life? I neither have the down in the dregs, "Everyone hates me" style of thinking that abused and under-privileged people have, nor do I have the higher than thou, "I'm better than everyone" attitude of the rich and pampered. This is not to say that I think I'm better than them. Quite the contrary, I envy them for their rich experiences. However, I do have a nice, clean, third party insight, if you will.

Of course, that's not to say that I'm planning on staying in this boring lifestyle. I do indeed plan on filling my life with as many experiences as I can attain, which is one of the reasons I am interested in attending UT. I feel that it will help me attain all that I can possibly. And mind you, I plan on attaining a lot. I refuse to be limited by death, even, and will work to continuing my exploration of life long after my human body has quit on me, through some future application of robotics and medicine. But that, I'm afraid, is a story for another essay.
-----

Okay, I'm off to have fun building my Zombie Bidding deck. So long!

No comments: