18.2.04

Greetings From Tennessee

Hey. The greatest thing about this states name would have to be its repetitiveness. Although it's nine letters long, I only use four different keys to type it out. Tennessee. Okay, five if you count the shift key, but you know I don't. Tennessee. It's just a fun word. Try it! Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Tennessee. Okay, I cheated there, and used copy/paste skills. But STILL.

Hrm... The thing is, I sorta already did this entry once before... Yesterday, in fact. (Hehe, i said TURD... Too much celebrity jeopardy, I guess.) Anyway, I am in Tennessee, and not really doing all that much which is productive. I really don't understand why I came here. Not that I'm not enjoying myself, of course. I'm spending time with family who I rarely ever get to see. Case in point, yesterday, my six-year-old cousin Lena (and to all you people out there who think that makes her cute by default, well... I'd have to agree ^-^) gave me a short quip about how my mom "saved me from being a Yankee" when she divorced my dad. No way was I about to tell her that I STILL consider myself a Yankee, especially after what she said next. "They went against us, you know." I had to assume she was talking about the Civil War, and hearing her say it was, again, SO CUTE, that I didn't have the heart to pipe in and remind her that those evil Yankees (actually, the term is apparently "DamnYankees," one word) had in fact WON the war, or that her side was fighting to preserve the institution of slavery. That stuff is all so depressing for a six-year-old. Better to let the school systems fix it.

In other news... The title of the last entry on "Weirdness" was supposed to involve a few other things I didn't get to mention. One of them was that I apparently have a free website at l33tn1nj4.50megs.com. I have no idea what to put in there. Though, maybe I can use it for my other "weird" thing, which is my recent discovery of the program Magic Set Editor. It's a nifty little application where you fill in the blanks on a card, and then it throws them all together on a reasonably reasonable looking card. I've made some impressive ones using what little images I had on hand, but alas, I have run out of inspiration. If you would like a card made of yourself, or of anything else, for that matter, just send me the picture, and I'll return your card. It'll be fun! Hah. Anyway, that's all for now.

Oh yeah, I'm going on up to Philly this weekend, so if anyone from that area wants to hang out or something, drop me a line. "That area," BTW, encompasses pretty much a two hour driving radius around Philly, if you know what that is. Basically, if you could make it to Philly from where you live in a reasonable amount of time, then I'm available for you. Maybe. I'll have to see how scheduling goes. Oh well. I'm off.

No comments: