10.4.04

Air Blogging

Okay, first time to write one of these at this altitude. That's right, I'm writing this from midair. *Checks battery - 1h20m left.* Perfect. Yes another reason I need to get a lightweight, longer lasting mobile comp. I've been thinking about one of those tablet things, so I can just fold it up and read or watch whatever without worrying about a keyboard. Sides, it transforms! You know me. I can't resist a transforming anything.

Random note: *Puts on "My Immortal"* I've had that song running through my head lately, so I just hadda hear it. It's gonna do bloody hell on my battery life, though.

Speaking of my love of transforming things, the Transformers specifically, I just wanted to say, no, I really don't know what I like about them so much. My little cousin asked me why earlier today. Truth be told I was mostly using the book's I'd gotten to make an excuse to not deal with her, the same reason I started leaving Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance in my GBA (she hates that game), and though I do feel kinda bad for not bringing any Sonic or Mario games... Well, lets just say a month of playing big brother for her has worn me out. Anyway, I can't tell you what it is about the Transformers that makes me want to buy anything related to them in the slightest way (not really true; I've had no inclination to buy children's coloring books featuring them). I suppose it stems from my mechanical inclination - I've been able to figure most of them out with ease, since I was young - and also their connection with my childhood. As most of you know, I'm not exactly the most mature guy around. I'd prolly cause a "REAL" Transfan to have a fit if he knew I'd bought the Collectors edition Soundwave to PLAY with him. ^-^ He's so cool! And, why? Again that question raises its ugly head. I don't know why giant robots that turn into cars or planes or tape decks are so damn awesome, but... Well, dammit, they are! Sigh. I just wasted a paragraph to say "cuz I sed so!"

Oh well, that wasn't my only reason for this post. Part of me is glad I can't get any internet access at this altitude. (Dammit, which one of you made "cant" a word? Fucker) See, I wouldn't know what time to say it is over there. My plane left at 10:30 Honolulu Time, and for some reason that state doesn't recognize daylight savings time, like most of the world, so that would be 3:30 AM in Texas. Who's hair-brained idea was it to make the continental United States look like crono-retards? (I'm looking your way, Mr. "Cant".) After sitting through a two hour, I suppose, movie (more on that later) I pulled this thing out. My clock tells me it's now 6 AM in Austin... 8 hrs till I'm home... *Sighs* I guess that would make it 1 AM in Hawaii, and I'll hit the hay when this is done, and I guess that right now, its... 2 or so locally. Yay for mid-air, late-night math.

The movie was alright. I watched Chasing Liberty, the old(?) Mandy Moore flick about the president's daughter on a whirlwind tour of Europe by the seat of her pants... Mmmmm... Mandy Moore's pants... *Drools* Okay, focus. Aside from making Mandy run a lot, proving what a bouncy young lady she is... Where was I going with that? Oh yeah, there was some plot in it. Fed up with being followed by secret service agents, Ann, I believe her name was, runs off, enlisting the aid of the first guy she sees with a scooter... who turns out to be the youngest, sexiest (I suppose; I'm new to this "Judging other guy's" thing) secret service agent. She is allowed a little "Controlled freedom" by daddy (I kept hoping for some parallels between that and the current state of our freedom under Bush, but.. Who am I kidding? It's a Mandy Moore movie!), and Ben the secret agent she doesn't know about takes her on a trip. Of course, the two fall in love, then she finds out, blah blah blah, I hate you for lying to me, but I love you so I'll forgive you after being an angst-y teen for 15 minutes, the end. Anyway, after watching for 15 minutes, I decided on a much better ending, one where she doesn't wait till the last minute to find out he's an agent (dumb broad), instead figuring it our early on, and letting him use his expertise to get the pair even more lost, and much happiness ensues ever after. Hehe... I should be a writer. Oh wait, I am!

Speaking of which, "Zombies In New Orleans", the last of Detective Greg's adventures, is coming soon to this website. I'm at least half way done with it, so stay tuned. After this step, I need to work more on the GS:C story (Cesar's slowness in drawing is no excuse for me to not have more than one script done... Ugh.) Also, with that out of the way, I can start work on the Plague Survivors epic I hyped up all those months ago. That, plus I'm planning to let Vikki post, so you don't wanna miss that! ^-^ You keep reading, I'll keep posting. Hell, I'll keep posting them no matter what. If no one reads, its just like a diary I keep online instead of on my cupboard (cuz honestly, who has cupboards anymore?)

Ugh... Bouncy airplane table, lack of sleep, low lights, dying battery: all are telling me to sleep. Good night all. This will be posted when I get home. So if you've read this, I made it in safe and sound. Later!

No comments: