12.11.04

C-c-c-cold

Sigh. I got bored tonite, so I rode down University to the 'nearby' Magic store - Challenge Games. Yes. I rode. My bicycle. In 40 degree weather. It was about a half hour, each way. I dunno if it was really worth it, either. I mean, the tournament was free, and I managed to beat a rival Tooth and Nail deck. Apparently TnN is my only Standard format deck. Anyway. I managed to win one game out of three. The first game was a rather odd matchup. I managed to counter his Darksteel Collossus with one of my own just in time, but he still was able to burn me out with a fireball, I think. It was alright. Second game poor guy, Patrick was his name, was sorta stuck. Add in that I managed to Mindslaver him twice. Once to fireball hisself for 6, and then another time when it was just a 10 mana time walk. I managed to barely squeeze out my own lethal fireball, shortly after Naturalizing a Sundering Titan as it was being copied with Kiki-Jiki. (If you don't know the names, don't worry. Neither do I ^_^) Anyway, the third game I was stuck with a lone Cloudpost after mulliganning once. I kept because I had enough mana fixers in hand that if I got one more land I would be set. Not only did I never see the second land, but when Patrick finally got enough Cloudposts on his side that I could have played a Solemn Simulacrum, he then turns around and Reap and Sow's my only post. ;_;! Ah well, so needless to say, I found my next land, a Forest, about 3 turns after I died. Shrugs. Twas a single elimination, so I went home after watching a few other games. Ah well. I'm looking forward to the Unhinged release tournament next Saturday - No not tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

Also in my news... .Hack Vol 3 FINALLY came out!!! It was FANTASTIC!!! I LOVED IT!!! I CAN'T EVEN... *POP*

Okay, but yeah, I like it a lot. ^_^ I'm gonna just leave it at that, and say you all must read it now. Alright, so long.

No comments: