29.11.04

What I Did Over Thanksgiving Break

Yep, I celebrated Thanksgiving over the past couple of days, as did most of you I'm sure. So let's see. How did it go?

Wednesday I come in and right away go out to a movie with some friends I haven't seen in a while. We saw the Spongebob Movie. Aside from the like "I Have Ridden The Mighty Hasslehoff!", it turned out to be a lousy movie, but I was in good company.

Next morning, I wake up, go shopping for some little things before the big meal. When I get back, Mom makes me an offer: The TV only displays black and white. If I bring over some techy type friends and we try to solve the problem, she offers to buy us pizza. If we FIX the problem, she buys a round of video games. So I decide to go in and take a quick look see to figure out what the problem might be. About five clicks into the investigation, I have the problem fixed. I actually felt kinda bad about this, because It meant Matt and Dan didn't get any video games. Or pizza. Next time that happens, I'm going to unfix it and invite over Matt and Dan and then together we will "Fix" it. ^_^

Thankgiving dinner itself took place at a resturaunt called Threadgills. That was fun, because I don't really like turkey. Ham though... Ham I like. So I had ham. And it was good. And so were the carrots and salad. And that's all I have to say on that.

Black Friday was surprisingly bright, actually. We went out shopping, and I'm pretty sure I have something for everyone in my "direct" family. Twelve people, if im counting right. Also, I got that game Mom promised me - Pokemon Fire Red. Yep. I'm a Pokemon fan. This game is actually really cool, though. I really liked the extra tidbits added for the Ruby and Sapphire versions. That, plus the old-school goodness of the original Pokemon storyline, fromt he old Red and Blue, makes me happy. I picked Charmander for my starter, who is currently a level 27 Charmeleon after fifteen hours. Named Piro (not pronounced "pie-row", but "pee-row", after the Megatokyo character who was in turn named after a cat from the Kanon series who was named after a Russian meat-bread o_o)... Anyway, I've taken to nicknaming my party Pokemon, a task which has gotten easier since I just recently arrived in Lavender town, home of the rename person.

Lessee... I got to see National Treasure on Saturday night, which was alright. I will say till my dying day that the movie looked like it was written for higher caliber actors, but it couldn't get them, namely Seth Green as goody sidekick and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos as sexy love intrest. The funny part of the end, too, was Nicolas Cage's character stepping out from the shadows, letting the villian know he wasn't dead after all, which raised the question, can Nicholas Cage truly be killed? See the bottom for answer.

Also saw the Stepford Wives. Matthew Broderick plays a guy who is married to Nicole Kidman, and simply not satisfied. I found the premise unbelievable, ignoring also the robot wives and such. Anyway, I just found that funny.

So that's what I've been up to. I'm gonna go do more stuff.
_______________________________________
By the way, killing Nick Cage requires three silver bullets one to the heart and each lung, plus a gold tipped spear. Needless to say, it's not an easy task. Plus, he's simply not that much of a threat.

No comments: