21.11.04

Unhinged Awesomeness

Yep. I finally got to sleep last night. Turns out it was OUR heater (among others) making the sound, and it did eventually end. But I still have the images of a pair of dormies beating their heater with broadswords. Anyway, I got up at noon. Not enough sleep.
Well, apparently enough, since I was able to come in first at the Unhinged Tourney! ^_^!!! Yep, I got first (out of twelve, this wasn't a normal release tournament). It was sealed deck with three rounds of swiss. In other words, everyone played three matches, and then prizes were dealt out accordingly. After opening my five packs and being startled at the repitition in them, I made the following deck.
9x Island
6x Forest
1x City of Ass
1x _______
1x Artful Looter
2x Bursting Beebles
3x Carnivorous Death-Parrot
1x Double Header
2x Loose Lips
1x Mouth to Miuth
1x Smart Ass
1x Fat Ass
3x Our Market Research Shows That Players Like Really Long Card Names So We Made This Card To Have The Absolute Longest Card Name Ever Elemental
1x Shoe Tree
3x S.N.O.T.
1x Stone-Cold Basilisk
1x Supersize
1x Symbol Status
1x Rod of Spanking
I have to admit I felt a little guilty, making a deck that was actually trying to be GOOD, as opposed to be something fun. Keeping in mind the different minutia of this set, I made sure to get every land by a different by a different artist and, if possible, from a different set. Being the only one to bring basic lands, I got first pick of the lands. ^_^ Anyway... Some fun stuff that happened - ummm... I can't remember. It was fun, though! And... I won!!! Yeah, I got first. Went undefeated the whole night. It was awesome. I managed to walk away from it with 13 packs worth of cards, plus 7 DCI premiums - two Ass Whuppin's, two Booster Tutors, and one each of Ashnod's Coupon, Bone Splitter, and Darksteel Ingot.

Alright, enough bragging. I'm gonna go to bed. Again. O_O.

No comments: