28.1.06

Meh

My life's been boring lately. I've actually been enjoying working at Target. I had a good talk with one of the guests about DS games for her son. I ended up selling her Meteos, actually, which was cool. I also managed to get myself switched for a few hours. I no longer have to come in at 5AM tomorrow morning, which is why I'm still awake now (though I should be getting to sleep soon anyway). They realized that there really wasn't anything I could do at 5AM, so I'm just gonna come in at 8am again, like today. I've also managed to clear out a spot on Tuesday so I can see some therapist in the afternoon, which is good.

Lessee... other things coming up... I've been eyeing the sexy new PS2 at Target.. With the discount I'm now getting it only comes to like $135, which ain't too bad. I'll ned to clear out a spot for it first, but I think I know the place. I've got this dresser I'm not using, and I think I can talk either PJ or Danny into letting me use the TV from their rooms. If not, I'll buy a cheapo one at Target or something, or just get Matt to bring the one down from the dorm or something.

Kingdom Hearts 2's release looms ever closer. I'm waiting for it like nothing else, ever. Also, I've had some more luck with the video game news. Not really luck but... Okay, well, the reason I've been thinking about getting the sexy skinny PS2 was cuz I was gonna lend Jackie my used PS2, since she doesn't have one. Last night we held a kind of casual early birthday celebration - her real big day is on the 30th - and I decided to bring that over, plus a few games that were fun to play. I've been looking for Soul Calibur 2, but I seem to have somehow lost it in the house somewhere, which is disappointing, but se la vive. I decided to get Jackie, instead, Soul Calibur THREE for her birthday. That was a lot of fun. I was never really any good at fighting games, and I still don't think I am, but I held my own, and did reasonably well, I think. Especially considering that I chose to let the game build me a random character from scratch every round, so I couldn't really learn the moves too well. We set the game up so that both players had infinite health, and the only way to win was a ring out. That lead to a lot of interesting reactions. For instance, a few times the timer ran out just before a ring out would have been detected, which was a bit disappointing. Another time, Jackie took a dive at Justin, just when his character bent down for a low kick or something, so Jackie ended up diving right off the screen. The best part was that when her character did that, she (the character, not Jackie) was screaming "WIND!" I was laughing for a good 30 seconds at that one. And then there was the time that my random character ended up being really good at knockouts, but only by coming at them so hard that both characters ended up falling out. I ended up getting counted as the winner, because I went out last, but it was still funny to see. ^_^

Okay, work in the morning. I'm up too late as is. G'night all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<33 thank you so much for Soul Calibur III and for letting me borrow your awesome PS2! <3 I love you!! ^_^ Dun over work yourself! we gotta celebrate tomorrow kay? XD oh btw I owe you lunch!

Anonymous said...

ooh, Soul Calibur III is such an awesome game! Being the egotistical bastard I am, I made myself into a custom character in the game. ^_^ I'm a NINJA! o.0 Well, I was but now I'm an edgemaster. ^_^