31.1.06

UMD Movies??

Have I gone mad? (Probably, I should be asleep for work tomorrow) Don't I hate the fact that the PSP UMD's are anything but UNIVERSAL? Well, yeah. But still, I was thinking about it, and there is ONE type of movie I could stand to put on UMD.

Popcorn Flicks.

Now, here me out, so that you know what I'm talking about. I have a tendancy to make up terms on the fly, or redefine them as I see fit without telling anyone. So, when I say Popcorn flick, I mean something that is just superficial. Baseline entertainment, and good at it, but nothing really to sink your teeth into. What I'm looking for, really, is something I can watch on a plane to keep from being bored. Something I can watch ALONE, though, and not feel like it's a waste. For instance, there are a lot of movies I have on DVD that I just never watch because I feel like I should have someone to watch them with, and I don't.

I already have the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on UMD. I feel kinda like that's a waste, but I didn't have it yet, and I did wanna watch SOMETHING on it. (At the time I thought I was going to have to be waiting with nothing do to.) But yeah, that leads to another point about movies I get for my PSP - I don't want to buy the same movie twice. That's why I'm so upset that, after buying the basic DVD of Sin City, they released a special directors cut edition just recently. If I already have it on DVD, I don't want the UMD, and vice versa.

So, before this goes too much further, here's a list of possible movies I'd want for my PSP.

X-men, Spiderman, and the Fantastic 4 - Actually, basically all the decent comic book movies here. Fantastic 4 was a bit on the low end, actually, and Daredevil, Elektra, and the Hulk are even lower, but X-men and Spiderman (1 & 2 for both, natch) were great, solid flicks. Popcorn Movies. Conversely, Batman Begins, which gets its PSP debut in just a few days, is, in my mind, too GOOD to put on the PSP. It needs to be enjoyed on the bigger screen, with friends, not crammed in an airplane seat alone.

Anime - When (and if) Ichigo Mashimaro comes out on PSP, I'm getting it. It'll be perfect. I never watch anime with anyone, really, just alone, by myself. The PSP is just what I need to watch it on. The same probably goes for any other anime out there I'd like to watch, or at least the Shoujo ("girly") series. Shonen ("boys") series, stuff like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, are usually good for a group audience, but not really my style.

Okay, sorry to cut it short, but I have work in 9 hours, so.... Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we watch anime together!! kinda.. ? XD <3