21.1.06

Stagnation

I need a webcam. I've redone my computer setup, and come to this determination after a long and thoughtful experience. I need a webcam on my computer. Something I can turn on so I can show everyone else what I'm up to. I want to make the real time Greg experience as entertaining online as it is in real life. The secret that all you people don't know yet is that neither is very entertaining to begin with. But a live video feed to my room would still be cool, right?

It's another in a long list of things I plan on doing once I get a semi-steady paycheck. By my calculations, despite getting a lower hourly wage, I'll still be bringing in more than my mother is (except for the money she gets from her dad for the amazing oil fields that will not die... I'll tell you 'bout that later), since she only works two days of the week. So I'll have, by all calculations, more money than ever before. I think I'll use this time to list out the fun things I may or may not buy when I get the money.
Webcam - Something simple. I don't need a whole digital camera or anything sophisticated, just something that can show a live feed of me to peoples out there.

Computer - I guess if I get enough money, I want another laptop, cuz let's face it, this one is falling apart. Sure, it does it's job NOW, but its getting slower and slower. I'll prolly restart it after I post this.

PSP Games - It's a given, I need a few more of them. Maybe by the time I'm ready to spend money on them, they'll have something worth buying. x_x

Nintendo DS - I really did kinda want one for Xmas. I might be willing to buy it if it drops down to about $100, plus a few games (Animal Crossing, Advance Wars, etc)

Gas - Having a job means I can't go to Mom and ask for money to fill up the tank anymore, duh. I'm responsibible!

MMORPG - Having this computer setup means I'll be better able to play games. Combine that with the fact that I'll have a paycheck and a supposedly disposable income means I'll be able to afford an account for a MMORPG of some type. I'll probably discuss this later when I've done some more research on the topic, but if anyone has some suggestions about ones that are actually entertaining to play (for instance, I was considering joining one of the clans on the WOW Dark Iron server and getting into the Webcomic Wars or whatever they're called. But I'm still new to the genre, and open to suggestions.

FPS - As an alternative to, or along with, playing MMORPGs, I've been thinking about getting into a first person shooter, maybe, but I'm not sure.
And that's just as they popped into my head. I'll prolly go into more detail as I feel like it, but the main problem at this point is... TARGET HASN'T CALLED ME BACK YET! I took the drug test. That was all they said they needed from me, until they did the background check. So either they miss read my number, in which case I'll go in monday morning to be like "What gives!?", OR.... I don't think there would be anything that would turn up on my background check without me knowing about it, right? I've never heard anything like this. I'm kinda paranoid, but I'll bet it's just my handwriting or something. I'll go get it straightened out Monday.

So lets see... I saw Underworld: Evolution today! It was a pretty awesome movie. I won't say that it was outrageously awesome or anything like that, but it was still very good. If you liked the first, you gotta see the second. And they KINDA set it up for a third, but I don't have any high hopes for it, really. But yeah, go see Evolution, after seeing the first Underworld. It's a good solid 3 and a half hours of entertainment.

No comments: