10.1.06

What I Did At Borders...

I know, you half-expected that title to read "What I Did On My Winter Break." I'll write about my vacationing tomorrow or something. But for now, I just wanted to brag about my new swag. When I went to get Danny to and from his bass lesson, I ended up with like 45 minutes in a near-by Borders. I went straight to the manga section because I'm a nerd. Well, first was actually a bathroom break, and then I had to check for mis-priced Magic Booster Boxes like that one time (long story that, for whatever reason, I didn't blog about; I'll fix that later.) Anyway, I made my way to the manga section, and found Mahoromatic vol 8, the last in the series, so YAY ME for finishing what I started there.

Next, I started looking around for other books, like the political ones publisized on the Daily Show. I always feel bad because 1) I can never remember the titles; and 2) even when I do, they're always more expensive than I'm really willing to pay. *Shrugs* At the request of Jackie, I looked up I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, by Tucker Max. They didn't have that, either, which is a shame, but I DID find this - Boondocks: Because I Know You Don't Read The Newspaper, by Aaron McGruder. I'm reading it now, and it's great. I'm addicted to comics, apparently. X_X

Okay, enough of this, I need to get some real work done.

No comments: