6.1.04

About Time For Another

I've got had a bunch of shit on my mind recently, and I don't know where to begin. Let's see. *Looks over previous posts.* Whoa, I haven't said much in a long while. I'll start back in Philadelphia, about New Year's Eve.

Alright, here we are, New Year's Eve. Actually, I lied. I'm not in Philly right now, my dad has taken us to Mount Holly for the celebration. Supposedly, some fireworks or something are going off. We didn't get to see them, and let me tell you why. My stepmom, Wendy, is having "Marital Issues" with my dad. What this ends up with is that every decision is an argument between them, no matter how small. On Dec. 31st, the argument was about our evening plans, or lack thereof. Dad had suggested the Mount Holly idea, and Wendy said something along the lines of "You shouldn't go unless the kids agree with it." Well, of course we agreed with it. There wasn't really anything else to do aside from sitting at home and watching movies and seeing the ball drop. So off we went. And it was cold. And not very much fun besides. We looked around for a while, and then I decided to take the hint that dad wasn't, that Wendy was NOT happy with the evening, and tried to steer the expedition home.

Okay, so we got home, and pop in one of the movies we rented earlier - Midnight Run, with Robert De Niro as a bounty hunter (Sweet job, and an alright movie, too). We get to 5 of midnight and decide to switch to Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve on the TV. We watch the ball drop, and Wendy sends Dylan (her son, my stepbrother - he's about 12) off to bed, and follows him upstairs. The rest of us (me, my dad, and my two brothers) decide to finish the movie. We'd left maybe 15 minutes in it, tops, and figured it was worth it to finish before we make the hour and a bit drive to my dad's Philly house. Not so, as Wendy would have it. She comes down 3 minutes into 2004, and seems genuinely surprised that we haven't left, though to my knowledge, she had given no indication that we were supposed to. "It's a new year, and I want you out of my life," she says, and we are kicked out unceremoniously. Very odd. All was well, though, as we were welcomed back in that Saturday as though nothing had happened. Actually, that just makes things even odder.

So anyway, I made it back to Texas, safe and sound. I finally had to break the news to my mom that I had failed all my classes last year - see below for those details. I re-enrolled in the same classes, only at different times, so I only face the rush 2 times a week, instead of the 9 from last year. Yippee. Better hours means more free time for Greg, meaning more time to work on my story, which I SHOULD be working on now. Its okay, though, I got it all up here. *Taps the side of his head, creating a cartoony hollow sound.*

Just an update on the games front - I've gotten regular access to a PS2, and since I don't start school for a few days, it gives me a chance to catch up on my own personal goals. Such as writing my story, which, I'm sorry to leave you, but I am off to work on RIGHT NOW!

No comments: