29.1.04

What Is The Matrix... Doing In My Dreams?

The following entry shall be presented in dialogue form, because I can't think of any other way for it to work.

Greg: I had a weird dream last night....
Morpheus: The kind where you couldn't tell if you were really awake?
Greg: Well, actually, yes!
Morpheus: Yeees....
Greg: Yeah, my mom told me to wake up, and so I went to turn on the shower, and just as it started, my mom yelled at me again, and I realized that I hadn't actually gotten up.... But this is all besides the point.
Morpheus: Do you want to know What It Is?
Greg: Shut up, I'm getting to it. Anyway, it has to do with me in the Matrix. It sort of bounces around a lot, but here's the gist of it. It starts off with the scene from Revolutions of where Neo is running down the street with all the Smiths lining the sidewalks, and in my version, one or two of them are fighting us. Yes, us. Accompanying Neo are both Trinity (yeah, she's supposed to be dead, but shut up, my story is different), and myself. I'm not exactly sure who I am...
Morpheus: You are the One, Greg.
Greg: Riight... No, my character seems to be one of those extra thug guys, or something. Just an extra crewer on the Nebuchanezzer or something. He seemed to remind me of Dozer, I guess, though he was in the Matrix, so who he was, I dunno. One thing is for sure, though. He kicked ass. After running down the street for a while, we split up, and my character ended up in a mall, where the shoppers were panicking as Smith went around and absorbed other people or whatever. My guy managed to go around and escape, with the mutual help of a young girl who I think was the renegade program Neo met in the beginning. Mutual help, because we both helped each other escape. It was exciting. I managed to get her to safety... I think. My character was soon caught by one of the Smith's, who, after a brief struggle, in which he informed me that my valiant attempts to stop him wouldn't work because he felt no pain. One look at his heavily battled face proved this. Eventually, Smith himself made a revelation: he could not assimilate me through FORCE, he had to relax himself. Whatever It meant, I got killed, or something.
Morpheus: I don't BELIEVE that.
Greg: Whatever. Okay, so then my dream switches back to Neo's adventure. Neo is standing at the end of the street, at the top of a stairway over some kind of room... I'll explain that later. Anyway, up come Morpheus, Trinity, and Sereph (I guess, though I know Niobe joined them at one point), running from a crowd of Smiths chasing them, who immediately began firing at Neo. Or at least, that's what I thought until I realized they were really shooting into the crowd of Smiths BEHIND Neo. I got a real cool show of Neo jumping through all the gun shots. It was sweet. Though for some reason, it was an oddly CGI effect for something my brain would do. I mean, don't you think it could be a little more.. real?
Morpheus: What IS real? How do you DEFINE real?
Greg: True enough. So anyway, being surrounded by hundreds of Smiths doesn't bode well for our heroes. Luckily, rather than being killed, they are taken captive. I've decided that even though my guy is technically dead, he's really just had his body taken over. Therefore, I can still see things, even though my perspective is still controlled by the Smith in my head or whatever. Anyway, so then I see the room, and guess what I saw.
Morpheus: MACHINES!!
Greg: Well, yeah, eventually. But to begin with, I started looking down. And my brain told me that the room was full of Smiths, because this was their centralized gathering area. But the thing my eyes saw were the hot chicks the Smiths have surrounded themselves with. Where they came from, I'm not sure. I guess some chicks just like power, and Smith was letting his humanity assert itself or something. But anyway, they aren't important. What I saw next was some sort of floating machine things that came out and attacked all of the surviving humans, and turned most of them to sentinels, some how. This was apparently the way most of them were created. Don't worry, the band of heroes were unharmed, except for Trinity, who was used to demonstrate the machines' point to all this. The machine spokesperson started its demonstration with a story of how one sentinel managed to, despite being powered down, resist termination and moved itself. He cited this as proof that the human being within the sentinel was alive and had some form of control over their metallic prisons. He instructed the newly created sentinels to try and replicate this. And of course, Trinity did it. She was at the front of the line to move, and was even moving sooner than the machines expected, which nearly got them to throw her out. She survived, and ended up even returning to HUMAN state! (Yeah, I guess this doesn't really make any sense). Anyway, for some reason this lead to the idea that humans could now be cloned. The machines went off about how they could therefore be used for helping to supplement their power levels, or to be used in mining shafts. Of course, some of our humans were arguing that they could also be used to clone enhancements for the existing humans, and the machines seemed to be sort of patronizing the now obsolete models at this point. That was about when the dream started to go fuzzy. One of the sentinels turned into Cole, from PVPonline.com, and he was recruited by the Smiths to be sort of a bounty hunter, or something. He picked a really cool nickname, but for the life of me, I can't think of what it was. Oh well. That's it for now.
Morpheus: Do you want the red pill now?
Greg: No, shut up.

No comments: