5.7.05

EVEN MORE THINGS!!!

Oh Noes!!! Sigh... That poor Supreme Court. It's gonna get so very odd in a little while.

Okay, enough about that. I just wantd to test out my nifty "BlogThis!" feature. It works! Now for the other things with also work:

My projector came in today! In a matter of hours I'd hooked up my TiVo, PS2, and the 5-disc DVD changer into it. I can also hook up a computer screen if I ever want to. However, I can only think of one reason: giant screen StarCraft! O_O! It will be amazing. Trust me. I've already started playing Kingdom Hearts on the screen, using it for a sound / picture check. I started a new KH game, in fact. Expert level, I decided. Its about time. I really have been thinking about getting a new PS2 game, but I haven't seen any that I really need to buy. I'm still keeping my eyes out for Disgaea, but I really want to save my money for a PSP or DS (more about that later), and I really want to try going through the game all in one go, rather than having about a half year in the middle where I didnt touch the thing. We'll see.

About the handhelds... While the PSP is still the better system technically, I'm not sure if theres anything on it worth playing other than Lumines. Meanwhile, the DS is showing more innovative titles that use the touchscreen. The Kirby game, where you draw rainbows for him and such. The Warioware game, though I wouldnt want to pay more than $20 for it. And there was even a Yoshi game. As soon as I figure out how to upload a .wav to the internet of me saying "YOSHI!", I will, because you must hear it to understand why I love the little green guy so much. Ever since Mario Kart 64... Another game they're putting on the DS. Wee!!!

Sigh, I'm getting random. In other news... I can't wait till we get DSL out here. Then our house will be complete. Wireless broadband that won't be shut down... I can take this pile of wires and beeps wherever I want. Including the room where my giant TV is. Then I will never leave that room. It will be amazing. Not till July 12th though. That sucks.

My mom has one day left in America till she leaves for her language emersion camp in China. I will be parentless. It will be amazing. Not really. I don't know. I was parentless at college as well. This is nothing really new. Sides, I've got family around to feed me and such. It will just be odd to actually have the house to myself for once in a while, cuz PJ and Danny are always out with friends. Take now. It's just me and my mom right now. In two days, it'll just be me. Who knows what ruckus I could get myself into. O_O

I have some unfinished business from the last few days. First, happy birthday America. Exciting, eh? Now that I've got that out of the way, I've got one more movie review to post up here: War of the Worlds.

For starters the beginning of the movie was just creepy. Not "Oooh! Spooky aliens creepy." More like, "Hey, I know that stuff," Creepy. First of, like the Orson Wells radio broadcast (which I would still like to hear if someone cold find it for me), it takes place in New Jersey. Tom Cruise plays a divorced father, as well. It's all very creepy, in that his situation is just like my dad. *Hides* He drives a classic car like my dad (Tom gets a Mustang, though, not a T-Bird), and lives in a middle income junk-filled home, almost exactly like my dad. It was like they had put a camera in my dad's home and used that as an outline for the movie. Anyway, after that, it lost all of its pull. The movie has a good premise. 'If aliens attacked, what would YOU do?' You'd like to think you'd be the guy to kick ass and knock the aliens off the planet, but you know you wouldn't. You'd run. Or hide. Or flip out. Or some exciting combination of the two. That's how reality works. Compare it to Independance Day. It struck me as odd that Will Smith's character was so calm about the fact that he was about to go fight a dogfighting mission with A FLOATING ALIEN CITY-SHIP! I mean, it doesn't make a good movie for the hero to be flipping out, but you know he should have. That's the side of the story that War of the Worlds shows. The hero is just a guy flipping out about things he cannot possibly comprehend. And he panics and runs. For 2 hours. That's what makes the movie so lame. They don't fight the aliens. They don't even attempt to do anything. The military is in the background, but this is a civilian take on the situation. And that situation is one of people out on their asses without a clue. It's almost depressing. It was actually kind of entertaining to watch, but then the end is somewhat disappointing, because the heroes didn't do anything. It's Dues Ex Machina. I don't want to spoil the reason they died, but ask me if you don't mind spoilers. I'll tell you how stupid it was. I'd say you should really just rent it. Batman was worth paying $8 for twice. War of the Worlds? Not really worth it once. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Jackie for sitting through it with me, though, the day after she saw it the first time. That was really nice. It's not your fault its was a crappy flick.

Anyway, time to go. So long.

No comments: