13.7.05

Now Online! (Again)

This thing ate my post. No way am I re-writing my description about how I got my wireless internet working. Just suffice it to say I have DSL access from my bed. Whee.

With a constant Internet comes a few perks I couldn't access when I was worried about the cable going out. First, obviously, is the massive picture browsing. I'm a very visual person. Heh. Honestly, my main vice is looking at image threads on forums, particularly this, the desktop image thread at Megatokyo. And 4chan, but that's only an occasional peek. Anyway, I can do those now without having to replug the modem every 20 seconds.

The other thing is... DOWNLOADS! Huge downloads. Torrents, audio and video clips, whatever I find that I need. EG: Red Vs Blue. I was a little disappointed that I had only missed one episode since I left Lubbock, but oh well.

Also, since moving back in, I've joined the rest of my family in getting iTunes for my computer. Its neat, especially with the networked household, because I can listen to music off of all their computers, or listen to my own music from pretty much any room in the house. (This was especially useful before I got the wireless up and running.) I've had a lot of fun going through and messing with it, and have just recently began listening to some of the selections of online radio channels. It's nice not listening to the same damned thing every time, or having to sift through Matt's giant collection to find the things I want to listen to. (One of these days, I really need to clean out my music folder and just keep the stuff I want. 40 gigs is too much. x_x)

Oh, and I said I'd clarify on my angry post with link, so here it is. They aren't putting Vine Trellis in 9th edition. It makes sense, I guess, since they ARE putting the Llanowar Elves back, but still, the Trellis was so much better in my Tooth and Nail deck. It will be sorely missed... U_U... I wonder if Steel Walls and that artifact that taps for mana would work? Nah. Maybe just the walls. Okay, I'm getting incoherent. Time for sleep.

No comments: