11.3.04

More Pre-China Madness

Hrmm... I just got an interesting letter from Texas State University. Basically, it was just saying they got my SAT scores, which is nice. Included in the letter, however, was the following little bit:

"Your SAT score report indicated Undecided as your first choice for a major. The program at Texas State that best corresponds to this is Undecided. Your name will be forwarded to that department for further information."

They have an Undecided Department?! Wahoo!!

In other news, and in continuation of my last post, which is frustratingly below this one, making it hard to chronologicate between them. Anyway, as I was saying, I finished Chobits. That done, I have moved on to a new series. .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, a rather interesting tale about two adventurers who take on the roles of the legendary dot-Hackers of old, in a MMORPG called, originally enough, "The World". Oooooh... Anyway, it ends up being a story somewhat like the Matrix crossed with Lord of the Rings, in style. I can't really explain it, because my head hurts right now, but, rest assured, I am enjoying it.

Actually, I am enjoying it so much that I now have a new goal. I want to save up enough to buy my own PS2 (yes, that DOES end up being redundant... Fuck you, Redundancy), along with a network adapter and FFXI, plus the HDD. I believe that whole package costs near $300, but its not that bad. Maybe 3 weeks worth of working. Well worth it. And yes, you read that right, I want to get FFXI. I don't know why, but I suddenly have a great urge to play a MMORPG. All I needs is the money... And I'm not really dead set on FFXI, either. But something cool and new. If I get back from China and EGM says its no good, then I'll find something else. Are there any good ones you guys play, so I might find you while online? Hrmm... Oh well.

And now, the long awaited review of "The Passion of The Christ." Normally, I dislike spoilers, because I'm never good enough to not read them, then I get mad at myself for spoiling the movie. However, this movie merits them, so, here goes:

***WARNING - SPOILERS***
Jesus dies.
***WARNING - SPOILERS***

Yeah, anyway, that's the whole movie. It is a powerful one, I suppose, for what it is. That being two hours of Jesus dying for our sins. Whether you believe that or not, you do have to admit he went through a lot of punishment for it. Personally, I don't believe He, or anyone else, is responsible for my sins but myself. I suppose I'm just odd, but I don't like the idea that the actions of one man (I don't care who's son He was, He's still a man) 2000 or more years ago can really have any impact on me today. I don't see the correlation. That said, if you want to see the visual representation of Christ being beaten, tortured, and dying, then go see the movie. It delivers that, if not much else.

I probably missed the point, but, eh, so what. I'm done.

No comments: