6.12.04

Enchanting cards

So I came home today and decided to finally make the Green and Blue Enchantress deck I'd been thinking about for a while. After digging around and seeing what I had, I settled on the following janky little build:
4x Elvish Pioneer
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Verduran Enchantress
4x Enchantress's Presence
4x Wild Growth
3x Seal of Strength
4x Centaur Glade
2x Words of Wilding
3x Shimmering Wings
2x Future Sight
3x Standstill
3x Words of Wind
2x Yavimaya Coast
1x Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
(Wow, that took a while to type out. Don't expect me to make a common thing of this.)
Yeah, it's pretty janky. Anyway, the gist of the deck is, get an enchantress card into play, then start playing enchantments. (Really Greg, I couldn't tell!) (Shut up, you. x_x) The deck runs really slowly, but it isn't REALLY for competition as much as a fun combo thing. The real fun starts when I get out a Words of Wind, an Enchantress effect, and a couple of cheap enchantments. At that point, you can flip the two back and forth, skipping the draws you get to the Words of Wind. While you're returning Wild Growth or whatever for the umpteenth time, you're opponant runs out of permenants to return, and has a very full hand. Granted, it takes several turns to pull it off effectively, but when you do, the game becomes pretty much locked unless your opponant has some one mana enchantment removal spell, and even then, you should have enough of an advantage to beat the other guy easily.

At least, that's how it usually works. When testing it out earlier tonite, my opponent refused to accept that he was locked out of the game. In any case, I won, but only because, really his deck isn't that great. In other words, this deck I have made is bad. I'll have to work on it some more. If any of you Magic savvy peoples have anything to say, I'm open to suggestions. Until then, I'll need to go find food and water.

No comments: