20.9.04

Obsessions

XP Pro DL Time: 40%, T- 11 minutes.

As I write this, I'm dl'ing Windows XP Professional. It's coming in at around 500+ kbps, so I should have it downloaded before I finish this entry. I'll let you know when it's done.

I've got to stop watching TV while I do this. Nine minutes.

Lately I've been reading a bunch of webcomics. Too many. I've got, *counts* at least 11 comics I read on a weekly basis, assuming they get updates. Most of them do, though. Right now Megatokyo has me extremely inthralled. I've talked about it before, a while ago, I suppose, but I really cant help but recommend this comic. It's simply the best story driven webcomic out there, and in my opinion the best ever. Granted there are some comics that don't really work well without a plot, and also granted, Megatokyo's humor value has taken a bit of a hit. Don't get me wrong, it still has plenty of funny comics, but as Fred Gallagher (the author) himself said in responce to complaints that people there was no joke in certain comics, "Sometimes life isn't funny."

Also, I'm working my way up through the archives of two new comics: Little Gamers and Starsomething. It's time consuming work, but I'm addicted. I don't reccommend this hobby to anyone who wants to keep a life, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

While writing those paragraphs, the DL finished. Shows you how slow I write. I'll finish this, create a system restore point, then see if I can't get upgraded to Professional. Of course, by the time you read this, I'll prolly be done already. Ask me how it went.

Don't worry, I'm not done with you yet. I've got another addiction. Cute anime and manga. I've become hooked on the Cardcaptor Sakura manga (though all reports say the American release of the anime was butchered by 4Kids to make it more kid friendly, so I'm staying outta that.) As evidence, here's my wallpaper. Here though is where I meet my dilemma. You see, CCS was released in two 6 volume series. First, a left-to-right of Sakura's first adventures. Then, a right-to-left release of her continuing adventures, after she became Master of the Cards. (Yes, its inherently silly. That's half the fun.) I bought this series first, actually. Recently, to my surprise, they have begun re-releasing the original series in classic manga format. I'm crazy, I can't read manga left-to-right. It screws with my head. I don't know why. So anyway, now I've started reading the original series. And that's the problem. In a sense, I've now bought 1-3 and then 7-12. I'm missing 4-6. Too make matters worse, volume three ends in a cliff hanger. The last chapter is part one of something. I can't in good conscious start that until I've got the next books. *Head explode.*

Also, I recently got the volume 3 DVD of .hack//Legend of the Twilight, the last of the set. My DVD box is now comlete. *Beams.* Now I just need volume 3 of the manga. For some reason, the stories are rather different, so I must get the end of both. Also, I have to say that I like //Twilight better than //Sign.

Time's running short. If I don't start the XP install now, I might be late for Calc. I wanted to say something about Champions of Kamigawaa, the new set of Magic. The pre-release was last weekend. This is the first one in a year I missed. Okay, I said something. Time to install.

No comments: