30.3.06

KH 2 Journal (2 Through n-1)

...where n is the total number of entries. Yeah, I realized today that really, a lot of the game at this point is just level hopping. It's still really fun, and each world is cool in it's own right (maybe even the much maligned Atlantica / DDR stage), but I'm not gonna write out "I went to [World X] and killed [Bad-guy from World X], then left," over again for each world. I may give you highlights on the game as I pass though, but I'm not gonna give you a real play by play. Consider the journal closed until I complete the whole game.

Don't take that to mean I think the game is bad. Far from it. It's really a blast to play, and if you have a PS2, you really should get Kingdom Hearts 2, and the first one if you haven't already. Chain of Memories, too, if you have a GBA. I'm still committed to the full story playthrough one long summer break or something. (Gah... I just realized I'm too old for Summer breaks. Target doesn't believe in them.) But Kingdom Hearts 2, while it may not be the most challenging game (and I never claimed to be a die-hard gamer here, only a passionately casual one), it's a joy. The battles are really fun to watch, even if they are, as one reporter put it, simply jamming the X button until everyone's dead. By the way, I dunno what he's up to, but while that may work for a few of the basic hordes of heartless, I haven't been in a boss battle yet where I could do that. And even if I am just pushing X, I don't mind. I sit and marvel at how beautiful the action of this game is, moving seamlessly from one move to the next, one enemy to the next, in a non-stop flow of whirling, spinning, and thwacking. It's absolutely wonderful.

Anyway, moving on... Remember what I said about writing a blog in the form of a WOW character? It seems someone beat me too it. Twice, no less.

Actually, hold on, I'm gonna search for more like that. I'll bet I can find some really cool ones (that are easier to navigate.)

Okay, there are, but I'm too lazy / tired to look them up. Oh well.... Night folks.

Oh, and if you ever find a Nobody named Xergg... Umm.... Something happened to me, I guess. Call Sora, I dunno.

No comments: