6.3.06

Writing Bug

The writing bug bit me, but I'm too tired to scratch. I need a desk job. Somewhere I can peck away at a keyboard all day and have it look like work, when in reality I'm writing the next great popular novel. Or movie. Or comic. Or manga. Conversely, you could attach the prefix "web-" to any of those, and you'd probably have a more accurate description of my work.

This bug bites me often, lately, and I really need to let it out. It happens most often when I'm watching TV. Now, there was a time when I was a TV junkie. I'd watch TV almost 24-7, unless I had to sleep. And there was always something on that would be entertaining. That's changed recently. Teen Titans got pulled off the air. I've seen all the old Futuramas and Family Guy eps, and not much else on Adult Swim is satisfying me. Star Trek on Spike is all re-runs, obviously. Always was, technically, but it's gotten to where I've seen them all, so they're no longer "new to me". A lot of what I used to was simply good, but not great. I'm down to what I consider "great."

My current TV viewing is limited to the following:

The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
The West Wing
The Boondocks

I think that just about covered it. Lot's of "The's", eh? The first two are really pretty much daily (no kidding), but the second two I'm considering getting on DVD. (Conversely, I know a friend who has nearly the entire run of the West Wing on his computer, but I believe in supporting quality work. Yay Capitalism!)

I'm looking at getting a new laptop, because the one I have isn't cutting it. The extra monitor's even getting to be buggy. How about that, eh?

Okay, this was supposed to just be a little one paragraph blip, but kinda got away from me. I'm sure I'll write more later, so stay tuned. Night.

No comments: