20.3.05

A Break Of Biblical Proportions

Holy. Cow.

It's been more than a week, and an eventful one at that. I'll see what I can remember about it...

It all started the 8th, a Friday. I had planned to get up for my morning computer classes, come back, and leave for the airport at 2 or 3, for a 430 flight. I stayed up 'til 4am setting up my minidisk player, then slept in until 1. THEN in my rush to pack, I left my minidisk player there. Ain't I smart? Yup... I had George Carlin's book to keep me company, and a Game Boy... I am so lost in FFI... But no music meant I was victim to the ambient sounds of the aircraft. Never a good sound. I could write a whole post just about the noises on the flights between Houstin and Philadelphia. Not now, though. I'm tired. Anyway...

Day two: The Bar Mitzvah. It took me about half way through to realize this was the normal Jewish Saturday service, with Dylan's little ceremony thrown in the middle. I suppose the closest Christian analog I can place is like a Baptism. That night, on the other hand, was some all out Jew-balie. Yeah, I like puns, you know that. Anyway, that was the first night in many years that I actually did some funky dancing. You know the kind. The DJ yells out moves for you to copy or whatever and you look like a dumbass waving his arms to the beat vaguely.

My legs were sore for 3 days after that. I missed the ski trip. -_-

The trip was really quite lazy. Oh yeah, I did buy the PS2. I don't know why the AV cables are seperated, but they still work. I'll get a new one somewhere, maybe. It works, though.

Oh yeah, Tuesday I bought a copy of the Incredibles on DVD. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you must. It is one of the greatest animated movies ever, and I am very glad I bought it. I also got the Maharomatic "Spring Special"... Maharomatic is some anime about a robot maid thing, James has been going ballistic about it, so I bought it and checked it out. I was a little disappointed that the "Special" was just one episode that really doesn't relate to the main storyline. I wanted like an hour long thing or something. Whatever. It's rather entertaining. I think I'll get the manga of that, and maybe even the DVD's, if I keep finding them for $15 for 4 episodes. ^_^

Hrmmmm.... The next major event was the tournament. We only got 4 people, so it wasn't too crazy. I drafted a pretty decent RGb Deck, and I say Pretty decent because I managed to wipe the floor with everyone. The only game I lost was one to Melanies deck, and I'm pretty sure it was due to mana flood or screw or something. Nah, she drafted an alright deck, though it was big. I'm sure if she'd just cut it down a little, she would have done much better. Anyway, that was over in a matter of hours, and then we spent the rest of the night watching anime.

It was then that I learned from Matt over AIM that my room had flooded, and all of my commons and uncommons were soaked. X_X We think they can be salvaged, somewhat, but I'm thinking of taking this as a sign that I should give up the cardboard crack in favor of it's online substitute. I'll keep a few decks around, of course, but if my cards end up unsalvageable, I'll see about installing Magic Online and taking up drafting until I build up a semi-decent collection. I'll prolly get a few pre-con's too, and rebuild my ninja deck online.... I wonder if they still have 7th edition drafts out there. Hrmm... Anyway, I'll have to think about that more.

I got in tonite at 10:10, just a few minutes early, no real issues until I got to the room and saw the full extent of the damage. I had been using a box my mom had sent me as a footstool - that was fully melted... You had to see it; it was amazing. Anyway, nearly half my school papers were gone. My CS text book serves as a nice little measure of how high the waters got. It's neat. Okay, I'm rediculously tired now. Gonna sleep....

A few random thoughts:
-I like the word rediculous. A lot. I don't know where it came from, but I say it a lot. It's rediculous.
-I was thinking, what's the last thing Matt and Ben did together? Last thing I can think of is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, but then I think back to that time that they were Holywood's major pair, or something. I dunno, but after Good Will Hunting, they were like a duo or something. And now, nothing. Hrmm...
-I'm going back to Austin for Easter Weekend. Yay me!

Okay. I'm dead. Night.

No comments: