21.3.05

Still Somewhat Damp

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I loaded up a binder with clean, dry paper, and went to my classes. I came back to find... Water on the floor. O_O!!! To the maintenance teams's credit, they were already on the job, cleaning and such. Oh well, I had other things to do. I rode down to the Bank of America ATM and took out some cash, then went into Black Dog for some comfort manga - Mahoromatic 1-3. I came back, found the room still semi-flooded, and walked on.

I found an empty study room or something, so I sat down and read through the first book. It's a really neat series, Mahoromatic. The premise is that after fighting off an evil alien invasion, Mahoro, an android warrior, has less than 40 days to live, unless she removes her armorments and leads a civilian life, expanding her lifespan to nearly four=hundred days. So, she becomes the maid for the son of her late inventor, and goes through the usual "robot girl makes mistakes" hijinks. It's all really very light hearted, but at the end of every chapter is a display showing the remaining time for Mahoro, adding a kind of bitter-sweet tinge to the story. I'll admit it, I'm hooked, as you'll see in a bit...

In other news, the Goldmember Saga has drawn to a close. I walked down to Hastings and stood at the help desk (I thought that's what it was, anyway) and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Eventually I realized there was a steady stream of customers, so I just hopped in line. They were none to pleased with the situation, and I expected such. I try my best to be a nice guy when returning things, but a lot of times people just yell and get angry that things aren't exactly the way they wanted them, so I guess I was a welcome change for the clerks. I got $6.48 in store credit, and went off to spend it. I found Mahoromatic volume 4, and the 3rd Chobits DVD, for a little less than usual, which was nice. I was looking for some Mahoromatic DVD's, but the only one they had was the one I got in NJ. I was most disappointed. Oh well. Maybe next time. *Shrugs.*

Okay, 11pm, time for my evening walk / Subway visit. That's enough bloggerating for one night. L8r.

No comments: