28.3.05

Greg's Adventures In Jerkdom

I made it back from Austin. My adventures there were patently unremarkable, but the flights backk... I got a few good stories for you. Let's begin!

I got to the airport alright, boarded up and everything. I sat in the wrong seat at first, then next to a father and his baby, and then they ran off to an entirely empty 3 seat row, leaving me with two seats for myself. Score. So the flight attendant uses the empty seat next to me for the props for the amazing safty thing. Tiny seat belt strand. Tiny mask. Tiny saftey guide. Anyway, the mask strikes my fancy. So I asked her, could I have the air mask for a suvenier? Nope. Fine, that's cool.

The plane got in on time, if not a little early, so I looked at my watch. 30 mins to boarding, an hour till take off. That means I should be able to stop in the book store and check if they have Mahoromatic vol 5. Then the plane gets stuck on the runway. for another 20 minutes. Doesn't matter, I'll still get everything done on time. Never mind that my plane landed in terminal A, the bookstore was in terminal C, and my Lubbock flight was waiting at gate B. I have super travel experience. I can do it! So I get out there. No book. Wasted trip. Ah well. So I get on the tram (TrA'Ain, I'm in DFW) and ride to B. It's a 5 minute trip. I got to the gate 10 minutes before departure. There's nearly no one there, and the signs don't show where the flight's going. Eep. So I look at the listings, the flight hasn't left yet, and I can see the plane there. No reps, just a buncha other passengers. I talk to one.
"Has the flight left yet?"
"Nah, why? Who are you?"
"Huh? I'm a passenger..."
"Are you Levine?"
"Oh, yeah, thats me."
"THEY'VE CALLED YOU LIKE EIGHT TIMES!"
The other people were standby passengers. Sorry guys. I'm getting my seat after all. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

Okay, that flight goes okay, once I get on, and then as I'm getting off... THE MASK!!! I hadda ask. Can I have that?
"Sure".
"Awesome, thanks!"
So yeah, I take it, then wait for the guy to bring my bag out from the closet so I can go. I say thanks again when he gives me it, then run out to wait for Mike. And I wait.

And wait.

Mike got lost some how, and so I didn't leave for about an hour. During that time, I heard the announcement
"To all passengers departing flight XXXX out of Dallas Ft. Worth, would whoever took the air mask from the plane please bring it back."
Fuck them, I think, I'm gonna wait for Mike. So I wait some more. They call it again. Fine, while I'm there, I might as well see what the fuss it. I go there, two people are on the passenger sign looking something over, there's no attendant that I can see. I go back outside to look for Mike. 10 minutes later I hear the announcement again except with the added threat that they're not gonna give people the baggage off the plane. I was smart enough to not check anything this flight, but those other suckers are lucky Mike got lost, or they might never have gotten their bags. So I go up to the counter, where there IS an agent. I give her the mask, and tell her that the guy let me take it off. "SUUUURE he did." Dammit, don't call me a liar. Whatever. I walked off and tried to find Mike some more.

A few minutes later, just after I've dialed Mike, the agent comes out, accompannied by a police officer. I hung up, and have to go give them my information. Drivers licence, address, phone numbers, a lil lecture ("DON'T TAKE SHIT OFF OF PLANES!!") Yeah, okay, I'm not supposed to do that kinda stuff, I'm sorry, the guy said I could... That's another thing, I SWEAR I got permission from the flight attendant to take it. But the agent told me, "He told me he didn't know why someone would take it." Liar. Fucking liar. I was standing RIGHT there, staring at him for 5 minutes. He gave me that damn mask. Rawr. Anyway, apparently they can press theft charges. Fucking bullshit. If they do, I'll sue those bastards or something. Rawr. That attendant is a liar, or at worst it's an honest mistake. Leave me alone.

u_u I'm tired and my head hurts. Oh yeah, and I got Jackie sick over the weekend too. Whoops. Sorry honey.

No comments: