30.3.05

What Have I Become?

I'm still sick. I think I'm getting worse, actually. I have a terrible headache just between my eyes, right above my nose, and it HUUUUURTS! But enough wallowing in pity. That's what the Tylenol is for.

After my physical collection got soaked, I decided to go into Magic Online. As I said when it first came out, my only major beef with the system was that you had to buy cards online, thus forcing you to maintain an online colection seperately than the physical cards. Since most of my physical cards are soaked (and btw, I'm looking to sell the cards that remained dry) and I was gonna basically have to start over anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at the online game. I'm keeping my physical decks, and I'll possibly attend an occasional tournament just to have fun and then sell the cards I get, so anyone I played in real life is still gonna have me to play with, but all my upcoming card buying will be done online.

I'm currently waiting for two sealed deck tournaments to start: one at 1AM tonite (I didn't know when it started when I signed up, but its a qualifier for an Invasion Block Sealed event, so I thought I'd try my hand at it) and one tomorrow night at 9PM. From now on though, I'll look for tournaments that start a little earlier in the day. My thoughts, though, were that it would be smart to play in sealed deck tournaments as a way to build up my collection. After tomorrow night, I'll have at least 150 cards, plus 12 basic lands of each color, which should be enough to make a semi-decent two-colored deck or too. I'll be able to play around for fun and for free after that. Of course, I plan on playing in several more sealed tournaments, at least 2, before shifting focus to booster drafts for my card aquisition. I'll also prolly get a pre-con from each upcoming release, and see what else is out there. I'm a little disappointed that I can't buy cards from before Mirrodin, but i think that's worth it. It's also why I hopped in the last chance IPA qualifier. ^_^

Okay, enough about that. I'll tell you all how the tournaments go after I've done them, of course. In other news, I've sold myself on the PSP. So, while I'm spending all my hard earned money on virtual Magic cards, I'm also gonna be saving up for a $250 piece of hardware, plus a few $40 games. Lumines was always a must have PSP application for me, but it always seemed to be a quick silly puzzle game, like Tetris. It looked like a lot of fun, but not worth a $300 investment. I wanted at least ONE other substantial title to play on the system. I went in and looked, and - Metal Gear: ACID, a tactical strategy thingy. I dunno, but it looks interesting. Also, Mercury looks like an interesting button-tapper.

So yes, here I am, buying into the things I never told myself I'd buy. Ah well. It's fun to betray your principles. ^_^ Laters all.

No comments: