10.3.05

The Things You Don't Know

So yesterday I told you that Matt got some milk, right? Well, yesterday, I'm trying to get Matt to lend me his camera so I can show off my nifty beard before I shave it off for the Bar Mitzvah on Saturday. He won't budge, so I throw out my trump card. I open the fridge, pull out the milk, and threaten to finish his precious half-gallon of milk. His reply:
Do you know how I got that milk? A friend gave it to me because he wasn't sure if it was good or not. You can have that milk if you want it.
I check the carton, and sure enough, it expired Feb 20th. x_x It was still good, of course, but my threat lost a lot of weight. Matt started laughing. Jackie started laughing at me over the phone. Even I started laughing. It was funny, I'll admit. I still never got his camera, either.

On to more current events. Last night I went to Hastings as I mentioned. Today - the Manga and Gaming stores. First, I went into Black Dog and picked up 2 volumes of Pita-Ten (cuz it sounded interesting, and I'd heard good reviews) as well as the volume 2 DVD of Chobits. I also was feeling generous, so I spend the last of my money on 3 Magic packs while I was there I opened a Door To Nothingness (I can't tell if that pun is intended or not) and Ink-Eyes out of my Fifth Dawn and Betrayers packs, respectivly.

I also opened a Darksteel pack containing Arcbound Ravager and Skullclamp. Talk about your lucky packs, eh? I didn't really have a use for either of them, being banned in Type two by the end of the month, so I went to the OTHER Magic vendor on University, the one who sucks. I took in the Ravager, and the guy who owns the place has NO idea what things are worth, so he's using an Inquest to judge prices. The Inquest was from before the Raffinity bannings, so the Ravager is a high priced card. Just what I was hoping for. I got 8.25 in credit for that and the Skullclamp, plus a Lodestone Myr for a a grand total of $9 credit. For that, I got 6 rares - Winter Orb, Static Orb, Seismic Assault, Cosmic Larva, and a pair of Prophetic Bolts. ^_^

Okay, that's about all for... WAIT! Kitchen table limited! I must tell you about my brilliant format for multiplayer! Okay, so after the draft, we're gonna shuffle up all the cards of people who are staying later and deal them into random decks, then add 25 basic lands - one of each color. This is basically what my mom did for us when she only owned a few cards. Then we have a free-for-all multiplayer game. Sounds interesting, no? Anyway, after that, rather than leave everyone with a completely random assortment of cards, we do a square draft, as I call it. I'm sure I've read about it somewhere, but basically I'll lay out all the cards randomly, and going in some predetermined order, we'll each pick a card to keep (not for gaming, this is the end of the night kinda stuff, just for fun) BUT only one from the edges. So the cards on the inside of the square, so to speak, are protected by the ones inside. It apparently makes no sense to anyone but me, but I guess that's cuz I suck at explaining things.

Anyway, That's about it so far. Next stop - New Jersey. Sigh. My first time being there without a laptop. x_x. Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. Wish me luck on the tournament.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot getting my DVDs greg.

Greg said...

Did not.