23.12.03

Birthday Eve, Part Two

I got interrupted in the middle of the last post, so I'm finishing it now. I went out to dinner with my family. Had a big burger, but could only eat like half of it. I just wasn't hungry, I guess. Oh well, then we went to the grocery story, and I was sent off after the mythical fruit and/or vegetable, the jicima, I think. I never did find it, but my aunt did, so all is well. Then we came back here, where I proceeded to zone out while trying to write this thing.

Something odd just happened. My uncle walked in and asked "Smell anything?" Of course, I can't smell ANYTHING, ever. My nose sucks. Anyway, I said, "Well, no, but if you smell something, you'd better tell me." "Oh, well," he said, "Smelled like something burning." And he walked off. I may be perilously close to flaming death, and not know it. Oh well.

So, tomorrow is my birthday. The thing about that is, people will be telling me happy birthday all day tomorrow. Now, when it's any other holiday, I just say, "Same to you", or "You too" or the likes. But if its my birthday, I can't say that, cuz its just MY birthday. Oh well. Speaking of which, tomorrow is shaping up to be a fun day. 10 o'clock, I get up and have breakfast, then its off to the mall to see Tom Cruise turn Japanese in The Last Samurai. After then, we're having dinner (lunch maybe) at a Japanese grill, then hanging in the nearby arcade for a bit, before I come home to open my bday presents. Whee. I think I'll wait until after Christmas, but don't worry, I'll give you a complete rundown of all my amazing Christmas presents.

One final note, none of you have responded to my earlier challenge about the quote "Cool? Daddyo, we are frozen!" Perhaps I should attach an actual value to getting it right. Okay, well, since my friend Brittany has been on my heels to put her into a blog, here's the deal. Each person who gets that quote answered gets to either a) write their own little blurb for me to post in here, or b) let me write a glowing description of them. Okay, folks, you have your mission, get to it!

No comments: