13.12.03

Yay For Winter Break

Hey folks. Okay, today, I guess my winter break really started. I'll get into that in a bit, but first, let me warn you: as I write this, I'm watching Justice League and talking to folks on instant messenger, so this may be a tad sporadic. Plus, my milk glass just ran out. I'll have to get that dealt with somehow.

Anyways, I managed to sort of enjoy my first whole day of winter break. After I got out of my last Chinese class with a raging head ache, I managed to narrowly avoid the embarrassment of waiting in line with my mom for a picture with Santa. It got postponed until yesterday, but that's okay; I have things I need to buy, I think. I sure hope Lena still wants a Pokemon game. I also hope she's not reading this.

Breaking news here folks: Soccer is no longer a unique word. For a time, I treasured it as being the only English word I knew with two hard c's next to each other. Well, a few of my friends have corrected me on that issue. First bocce (which I was earlier dismissing on a technicality, but now I guess I'll let it in. You win, Dan), and now accomplish, raccoon and accuse. Any other words are welcome to be suggested.

Okay, back to the mall. Actually, I can't go back there, because I bought Christmas gifts for people who might read this, so they stay secret. But after the mall, I went and got Arby's for lunch (at 5 o'clock!) and got very lost on the way home. I made it, though, and managed to veg out in front of FFX and computers. So, yeah, its not the most exciting day, but I liked it.

I had one other topic today: Christmas presents. See, thing is, my brothers are both getting $500 guitars for Christmas. I don't have anything on my wishlist near that expensive, and I can't think of one, except for maybe an older model Transformer. One other idea I had was that of an iPod. I enjoy the use of mp3's for music, as opposed to CD's, mostly because my van doesn't have a CD player. It does have a tape player, though, so I can use a tape adapter to plug in my mp3 player. Anyway, the issue is this. I have gone through two mp3 players in as many years, and am wondering if they are really worth it. I think one is this year, though, because, for $500, or more than likely less, I should be able to get one that's higher quality. No more RIO players, they are terrible. I'm hoping for a multiple GIG storage device, too, because otherwise its not really worth it. I.E., my previous models held maybe an hour of music, and weren't really better than a burnt CD. But with even a 10 gig hard drive, I should be set forever, with all my songs. Okay, that's it for me tonight, see ya'll later.

No comments: