17.12.03

Holy Shit, Oh Crap, and What The Fuck

Those three words basically sum up my feelings for today. It makes for a nice entry, because I can divide up my topics easily. On a side note, I am currently running on no sleep. Or at least, not enough. Tonight, I swear, I will get a good 7 or more hours.

Holy Shit - This morning I got a flu shot. It wasn't so bad, really. It was really the wait that was the worst part. The place was a madhouse. Everyone was in a rush to get their flu shots before they were all out. We actually got in like second to last before they ran out. I found a kid in the waiting room with Pokemon Ruby, and I was able to trade him my Pichu for some random Pokemon. True, I didn't get anything out of it, but I felt good having given the kid a rare Pokemon. Besides, I had another Pichu for myself. Anyway, after that, and a battle in FFTA, I managed to get a quick and mostly painless flu shot, which is good, because I have a terrible fear of needles and such. Oh well, I'm happy and healthy now. The flu shot is supposedly extra important to me, because of my heart condition. There is a piece of something in my heart that, while inaccessible to my own immune system, makes a perfect place for viruses to fester and regroup, as it were. Hopefully, I'll get to remain healthy for this holiday season. I've had a bad streak of being sick over the holidays. It seems every other Christmas I've had some sort of stomach thing. I remember being in Santa Fe (festive place for Christmas, isn't it?) and walking from one condo to another, on my way to my birthday celebration, no less, and barfing up my lunch all over the sidewalk. And of course, I am now due for getting sick yet again. Oh well. Positive thinking.

Oh Crap - If you don't know yet, I am acrophobic. This makes things like changing lightbulbs that are 16 feet off the ground. For some reason, our builders for our new garage decided to add lights on the back of the garage, where WE can't use them, but they shine into our neighbors house, and that light is on the same circuit as a light we WOULD like to use. Being the tallest one in our family, it fell upon me to remove the offending lights. That means getting on a ladder with a screw driver in hand, and unscrewing the covers for the lights which are at terrible angles, and removing the lightbulb. This task, ideally, requires 4 hands, and a jet pack. So, I was a little scared. Luckily I survived, and the light was removed, so mission accomplished, I suppose. Go me.

What the Fuck - When I lived in New Jersey, I had a friend named Kathy. She was, from before pre-school until about third grade, maybe, my best friend, even though she was a grade ahead of me. Course, after a time, she hit the age where girls and boys who were friends were "in love", and got teased by their friends. It's king of odd, really, considering that today I've heard of even younger boy and girl friends. But times change. It's just weird to think that we could have been boyfriend and girlfriend back then. Oh well. Anyway, about the time I was in fifth or sixth, the office where both her and my dads worked closed down. Her dad opted to move to California, while my family stayed put. And I never got her address, or heard from her again. I assumed that was that.

Well, today, my brother brought home a letter that she had sent to my old high school councilor. She was looking for my new email address apparently. So I wrote her back, and was like - whoa. I had never really expected to hear from her again. Funny thing is, I'd never really forgotten about her. I still remember how she looks from the last time I saw her. I can't wait to hear from her again. I guess I'll let you guys know what happens as it happens. That's all I have for now, except... Oh ya, I got Prince of Persia last night, and it's a damn good game. Heh, see you round.

No comments: