15.12.03

Ugghhh... Bed Is Nice...

So, last night, I started what may become a new holiday-time tradition. I got four hours of sleep. 4 AM to 8 AM. To be fair, I usually will sleep in until at least 10 given the option, and don't usually stay up until 4. It's more like 1 or 2. But recently, I've grown addicted to FFX and Kingdom Hearts. I'm pleased to note that I've gathered more hours on Kingdom Hearts, I think, than any other PS2 game. Not much of a feat, really, since up until like last month, my brother was hoarding the system in the bowels of his room, and I don't want to go back there and sit on his bed and stare at his tiny TV to play whatever I'm playing. I much prefer it to be in the study where it is now, where I can get to it easily, and (of course, this is the point) I can get to it when Danny is asleep, aka 3 in the morning. So it is kind of a mixed blessing. But at least its a fun one.

On the Christmas front, I think I am done with all of my gift shopping. However, I continue to be drawn to the mall for other reasons. For random window shopping (I'm constantly tempted to buy things, even though I know I just need to ask and I'll get them for my birthday (Dec 24th, FYI) or Christmas), or for other random things. Like today when I drove my brothers out to get our picture with Santa, something of a family tradition, I suppose. So, that went well, which I like. Actually, I was somewhat surprised. 5 PM at the mall, ten days before Christmas, I expected it to be somewhat crowded. I was DEFINITELY not expecting it to be even less crowded than the lunchtime on Saturday that I ran into last weekend. Oh well, easier parking for Greg, I approve. The trick, of course, is scheduling the movies. As many of you should know, the new Lord Of The Rings opens Wednesday. I must see that movie. I've seen the first two, and the third needs seeing. Unfortunately, I am leaving town on Saturday, and so I need to see it before then. Wednesday is out of the question, because its going to be crazy for the opening night of the movie. And Friday will be equally crazy, cuz many people are doing Friday night movie type things, and such. So Thursday looks good. And the trick of that is we need to see it after the rest of the mall is closed, so as to avoid the Christmas crowds. Oh well, hopefully that will work.

Alright, I'm growing tired. I think I may keel over at the keyboard if I'm not careful. I'll talk to you folks later.

No comments: