6.2.05

Future Oldies

So I'm watching the Superbowl now. Tie game, I'm rooting for the Eagles simply on the grounds that I'm a semi-local. I don't know much about football. Enough to pretty much follow the game, but not enough to know the detailed statistics of each and every team. I guess I spent too my time filling my head with useless trivia like when the first Land Before Time movie came out - 1988 - to fill it with what city managed to pull off the last Superbowl World Series Superbowl three in a row victory - Pittsburg, actually. That and Magic. I'd rather know what card in my deck will help out best against an unbeatable army of flyers and one Platinum Angel when my opponent is at -4 than which player to put in when there's an equally random situation in a football game. Oh well. The commercials have been okay, not the best though. *Shrugs.*

They halftime show was actually alright. I didn't recognize McCartney's first song, but the other three were decent Beatles songs, so it was okay. No boobies, of course. Then again, do I want to see Paul McCartney's boobs? Anyway, the show sparked a debate about whether he really needed to know the words to "Hey Jude." Quoth the Matt: "I don't know the words to today's pop music, why should I know the words to old pop music?" That, in turn, started my mind... What kinds of songs from today are going to be on the oldies fourty years ago? Am I going to turn on the radio to find music by Evanescense? Ace of Base? Britney Spears? Nirvana? Rage Agaisnt The Machine? Puff Daddy? No Doubt? Hmmm...

I hope rap music doesn't endure. I mean, it doesn't last more than three months as it is, so I'd hope that today's stuff is not getting played in twenty years, either. Not that there won't still be rap music; Lil Bow Wow and Lil Romeo will lose they're "Lil"s and become the next generation of rap moguls or whatever. I still won't listen to it, of course. It's just comforting to know that I won't be listening to the same crap day in and day out. Country, on the other hand... *Shudders*

I'm also now in an ensuing argument with my roommate over his away message. It currently reads:
rocking the G-Spot.

*note: this is a quote. my away msgs never mean anything. and i usually quote things. so you should already know this, but certain ppl have told me they don't think, so this needed explaining.

Now, when I first read that, it didn't have the little disclaimer. He put that in for me because I couldn't identify it as a quote. I knew, however, that he was nowhere near any G-Spot, as far as I knew. He was studying physics less than two meters from me. So, I got confused. I pointed out that I didn't believe that he was actually rocking the G-spot, and he came backa nd told me the quote, and had expected me to recognize it. So I ask you, what is he quoting. I know it now, he's told me, but I want to see how many of you can guess the quote.

Anyway, aside from that, I don't have much else to say. Superbowl now looks like its gonna be a Patriot victory... Eagles trail by 10 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I'll watch it, though most likely switch to Teen Titans and see if it's yesterdays new episode, which I slept through.

Oh yeah! Ninjas!!! I got the Betrayers of Kamigawa Ninja preconstructed deck. It's pretty good, manages to go toe to toe with my online pal's cobbled together black deck. I'm planning on revamping it slightly, turning it into a more controlling permission deck, using ninjas for card drawing and bounce. Anyway, I'll keep that under wraps until it's done, I guess. Plus, half of you don't understand half the things I just said.

The titan's episode wasn't the new one. I am sad. :( Evening all.

No comments: