26.2.05

Saving People: Arguments For And Against

I had a dream just now where I was in some kind of fucked up classroom debate. The topic was "Was it right for Jesus to go around saving people?" I ended up with the negative. Great, I think, I have to argue against Jesus. Where's the fun in tbat? I practically knew that whatever I said, Jesus was going to win against not-Jesus, so whatever. I got up there and I presented these arguments, as best as I can remember them:

Doctors existed back then, and they had to make a living. By healing people miraculously, he was depriving the local healers of much profit. That ruins the local economy, and leads to many bad things.

As for the people that couldn't be helped by the medicine of the times? Well, obviously they were being punished. And the fact that it took them SEEING God incarnate to renew their faith is probably pretty good evidince that they weren't the most pious individuals, if you know what I'm saying.

And finally, the most famous of Christs miracles, dying on the cross. First, I doubt that being executed should count as a miracle. But going beyond that. The GALL that his death is the only thing to save me from Original Sin, something that was handed down to me from Adam and Eve. The whole thing smacks of a set up. Sigh. I don't trust that Jesus guy. He's up to something.

And that's why Jesus' miracles were a bad thing. *Bows.* Okay, back to reading. So long.

No comments: