7.2.05

What's In A Name

Last night my roommate and I were up till six in the morning (I've gone over the stupidness of my sleeping habits already far too much here) talking about good names. You see, Matt's lucky. His last name is Hill. So he can make actual phrases with his childrens' names should he choose. He's chosen so. He started off with Rocky Hill. Simple enough. He went on to say there was a girl's name he'd been thinking off, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. "Something like Blueberry or something..." was all he had. I mentioned "Cherry." Not what he was looking for, but Cherry Hill sounds pretty cool. Then I threw in the kicker. "Her middle name is Blossom. She's Cherry Blossom Hill." Bam. That name without a doubt the most adorable English name I've ever heard of. If his little girl isn't just as cute, it'll be such a waste.

Anyway, we spent the next several hours talking in circles about it, not really getting anywhere aside from the following three names:
Cherry(short for Cherebim, who's daughter ISN'T their little angel?) Blossom Hill;
Rocky Clifford (Rocky Cliff, get it? Oh well, Rocky Hill is probably overkill enough anyway) Hill;
Sam(urai) Jack Hill (which, it should be noted, is his ace in the hole, as it can be a name for either gender - Samuel Jonathon or Samantha Jacquelyn.)
I am so jealous of his last name. Even when I capitalize the V, LeVine just doesn't mean anything. I'm never going to be able to name my kids in complete sentences or anything. I mean, Cherry Blossom is a great name on its own, but I can't steal it from Matt. That'd be evil of me. So there will be no Cherry Blossom LeVine, as nice as that sounds. Oh well. I'll think of something like that.

We also discussed random Halloween costumes. He wants the Samurai Jack outfit. I still say those shoes look like they'd be uncomfortable, but that's all the more reason that I want to try them on. Meanwhile, I continue to harbor hopes that a Devastator costume can be constructed, one that falls apart into individual Constructicon trucks. After that, I also now have an idea for an authentically transforming Grimlock, from robot to T-Rex. I think I could do it.

In Magic news, I dropped the Oppo part of the deck. Its just a basic Mono Blue control deck, only with ninjas now. NINJA!!! o_o!!
4 Ninja of Deep Hours
4 Mistblade Shinobi
4 Sage Owl
4 Spiketail Hatchling
4 Wall of Deceit
2 Soratami Cloudskater
2 Seal of Removal
4 Counterspell
3 Hinder
3 Force Spike
2 Ronin Warclub
1 Higure, the Still Wind
21 Island
2 Lotus Petal
=_=.... So long.

No comments: